Xj front lower control arms on a zj? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Xj front lower control arms on a zj?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 12-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
bigupjail
1998 ZJ 

Xj front lower control arms on a zj?

So I've read a few places with people putting wj control arms for the curve and boxing on a xj and zj. I also read that xj control arms are 3/4 of an inch longer. So if wj fits on both, couldn't they swap too? I read also that the caster is adjusted at the end connecting to the body rather than by the axle but couldn't you just swap them in and use the cam bolts from the zj in the factory location? I am wondering cause I think I need longer arms since I lifted to 3.5-4 inches. I was thinking this would help out my caster that's at about 5. I know I can buy control arms but I'm broke and I got a deal on the jeep, I rather not drop alot into it.
Thanks for any input.

bigupjail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
ZJ5point2GCL
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigupjail View Post
So I've read a few places with people putting wj control arms for the curve and boxing on a xj and zj. I also read that xj control arms are 3/4 of an inch longer. So if wj fits on both, couldn't they swap too? I read also that the caster is adjusted at the end connecting to the body rather than by the axle but couldn't you just swap them in and use the cam bolts from the zj in the factory location? I am wondering cause I think I need longer arms since I lifted to 3.5-4 inches. I was thinking this would help out my caster that's at about 5. I know I can buy control arms but I'm broke and I got a deal on the jeep, I rather not drop alot into it.
Thanks for any input.
Not sure about length but they will bolt up, the xj's use an alignment shoe, but in your case it would still use the eccentric washer/ cam bolt/
Unread 12-08-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
bigupjail
1998 ZJ 

Anyone know if the wj rear lowers work in the front of a zj? That would deft add some length.
bigupjail is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.