Xenon Headlights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Xenon Headlights?

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 01-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #1
mar11902

Xenon Headlights?

Hey all,

Does any one know about Xenon Headlights or has any one replace there stock bulbs with Xenon bulbs and if so what was the our put? Did it meet your expectations?

I have 02 Grand Cherokee and was thinking about replacing my, but I really donít have a clue on which ones to purchase or what would be legal and a good brand.

Thanks for your time and experiences.

Mario.

mar11902 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Stocker

Most everything I've heard or read about Xenon bulbs is don't waste your money, you will be disappointed. There's a tiny bit of xenon gas inside the bulb, and it doesn't do much. The "blue" bulbs are different, but mostly in a negative way (btdt myself). They tend to filter out a lot of usable light, passing only the blue, and cut down on your night vision a lot. Apparently there are some that are only slightly colored (trying to look like HID but it ain't the same) and some of them seem OK.

Stick with a good brand name (not PIAA$$ hype). You may want to try overwattage bulbs; I have them but honestly can't tell any difference. I think the most important thing with light output is the reflector and lens, and AFAIK you can't change that.

There is a very informative web site for lighting info, and if you want I can try to find it and post it here.
Unread 01-31-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
Stocker

Update - found lighting site!

Possibly more than you ever wanted to know about automotive lighting, upgrades, etc. http://lighting.mbz.org/
Unread 02-01-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Jeep4Life

Well those cheap imitation bulbs are mostly bull not containing anything but just halogen filament but no xenon gas they also have a blue coat on them which makes them look blue but real HID is not blue its white with a Blue tint often maid by the arc inside not the gas itself i would recommend getting a real HID kit if you really want the look and performance they came out down in price alot try www.proxenon.com or www.hid4less.com

real HID systems have diffrent color tempatures
2500-3500k regular halogen
4000-5300k Audi,Mercedes Benz,BMW stock
5000-6000k blue with a tint of purple hue
6000-1000k pure purple often looking wierd with a tint of purple

if you dont want to spend the money i would try these bulbs they have real 35% xenon Gas and have no blue coat over them so they dont look silly in your headlight houseing http://www.dreamtrade.com/xenon.htm i have had a pair of them on my WJ for a year before i got my 6000k kit from www.proxenon.com and they looked really close to stock lexus 4350k HID headlights but dont waist your money on those fake blue coated bulbs they often run really hot and burn out your harness and dont listen to that bull people say about HID being illegal no one has every gotten pulled over for it from the people i know if lexus,bmw,acura,mercedes,porsche,ferrari,land rover,mini,Lincoln,cadillac,lamorghini can have then you can to
Bohmen 6000k H.I.D Headlights
Alpine CVA-1006 DVD Navigation System
Optima RedTop Starter Battery
Jeep4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.