wow...first real off-road experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wow...first real off-road experience

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREE

Unread 08-14-2003, 12:27 AM   #1
OverlandMan69

wow...first real off-road experience

so it was my last night b4 leaving all my boys for college (2 nights ago) and we had nothing to do. so all 6 of us decide to go off-roading (that's what we do when we're bored). so me and my boy hop in our jeeps (he has a 98 black/black laredo SE) and find a nice construction yard that's all muddy and wet from the thunderstorm we had earlier that day. needless to say, my jeep exceeded all my expectations. the rain had filled up a 1.5-2 ft mud hole with water, and i drove right through the mofo without breaking a sweat. the effortless power and torque put through the 249 transfer case was amazing. i had mud EVERYWHERE it was so awesome, i wanted to leave my car taht dirty as badges of honor, but my mom would have flipped a nut. it took flagship car wash an hour the next day to clean my car, and $30. they took 10 min to just clean out EACH wheel well, and when they were done there was a mound of mud/dirt about 6 in high next to each tire. it was awesome! we took some pics, i will post when we get them back. these things are off-road monsters, and BADASS! btw my 5.9 is still stock. simply incredible!

OverlandMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2003, 06:33 AM   #2
imnotu

i wanna see the pics, let me know if you need space to post em... once my school kicks the power back up on can do it
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL=Http://zbt.case.edu/myjeep.jpg][COLOR=White][B]White 1995 ZJ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] I6 w/ Selec-Trac, Plush Leather Seats (powered in front), JVC MP3 deck [B](STOLEN)[/B], [URL="http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8HSG1sJ380J/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=113KDCX889"]New Kenwood KDC-X889 Deck[/URL] (Insurance messed up and gave me this instead), [url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nZpmrQWOhBc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=130TSA1680&search=Pioneer+TSA1680R]Pioneer TS-A1680R Speakers[/url], Remote Start, Optima Red Top, 180 Thermostat, Kolak Performance 2.5" exhaust components: (Car Sound high flow converter, Magnaflow large case muffler, mandrel bent tailpipe), 16x8 Rubicon Rims with 245/70 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo Tires, Rancho SS, Mopar Skids all around, Tow hooks front and back, Bilstein Heavy Duty Shocks and Clear Corners. [B]149/B], and still going stro... OK My transfer case can a small leak... damnit!.

[URL=https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=imnotu001@hotmail.com&item_name=Donations%20for%20a%20Poor%20Kid]Donations are Appreciated[/URL]
[/FONT]
imnotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 01:46 AM   #3
whitevette

Back in april I flew home to visit my mother. While there I hooked up with my best friend from highschool and we were kicking it in my moms '96 GC (pretty much the same as mine). We found some nice muddy spots all over the place and had a few hours worth of fun in her truck. Ran it through a car wash before handing it over to my mom, and all was good.
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 12:42 PM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

whitevette,

it is an urban legend that running the family 4x4 through the carwash helps. Mud smells funny and the smell gets everywhere. I tried and spent lots of quarters trying to get mud out from under my 72 scout and 84 ramcharger so that the parents wouldn't know. They always know.

I can't wait to catch my kids after they go muddin.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
OverlandMan69

hahahah that's true, my car is still dirty after an "ultimate wash" my mom saw and she was like why is the car so dirty? i told her cuz it rained last night. ahahah.
OverlandMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 05:54 PM   #6
whitevette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
whitevette,

it is an urban legend that running the family 4x4 through the carwash helps. Mud smells funny and the smell gets everywhere. I tried and spent lots of quarters trying to get mud out from under my 72 scout and 84 ramcharger so that the parents wouldn't know. They always know.

I can't wait to catch my kids after they go muddin.

Hunter
The chances of her looking under her hood, in her wheelwells or under the truck are so slim that it doesn't matter.

I told her anyways. Wanted her to know what kind of off road monster she had.
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 07:44 PM   #7
iroc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
Mud smells funny and the smell gets everywhere.
Eww yeah mud on the exhaust smells horrible.....
iroc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2003, 11:03 PM   #8
LawFox32

first time I went off road in my jeep, got stuck, jeep sat for 2 weeks, it was bad news, but still fun as heck
LawFox32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2003, 12:20 AM   #9
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

One day ... I am going to take mine out..It sounds like fun...

Do you think I could be as cool as this guy...
( Need adobe reader)...

Oh wait a minute ..... Thats me...

Hehe.. Yeah Grands are awesome offroad beast.. I love mine..

Carl

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.