Would you spend that much on this ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Would you spend that much on this ZJ

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
DevonsJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Would you spend that much on this ZJ

I am very interested in this zj i found on a local online Craigslist type website.

http://www.bismanonline.com/1995_jee..._cherokee_0_b4

do you think $4500 is priced accurately?

DevonsJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
capcyclone

1998 ZJ 

Would definitely need to more about the mods to give a fact-based opinion.

At first blush, seems a little high for my area though.
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
DevonsJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

he says that the rims, tires, shocks and control arms are brand new and has 4 inches of lift. the problem is where i live there are not very many jeep available and this one stood out and is about the only zj that is not hashed to s***.
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

Unless those tail lights are worth $1000, I'd say its a little high.
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

It is a nice Jeep and with no rust definitely a good buy. But he's asking too much in my opinion. At 170,000 being lifted I'm sure you're going to be running into little problems here and there. I'd pay $2500.00-$3000.00 depending on what brand lift it has. Check the differential and transfer case fluids and ask him why the transmission was replaced. Listen for bearing noises and see how the cooling system looks.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
grnd93
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks pretty damn nice
grnd93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Shiny paint and clean interior are deceiving.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
DevonsJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

but like i said, i want a zj and this is the nicest one in my area and its still 300+ miles away. the options or limited
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
David97
1995 ZJ 

I bought my 95 v8 with brand new tires and rims, on a 4.5" BDS lift for 2200.

I just Kelly Blue Booked it with what information I could, and private party it lists it at about 2k.

2 more years and it is a 20 year old vehicle. So id either talk him down a lot, or buy something cheaper, and use that extra 2 grand or whatever to lift it/fix it/etc.
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would say it's worth looking at, assuming as a seller, knowing someones going to try and talk him down, he thinks it's worth 4k. Sorry, unless there's a brand new tranny and/or engine in there, not worth 4k. 3k sure thing. The state of Mass valued my zj at 2300, now knowing mine is in good condition mechanically if I sold it i'd ask around 3 for it. It's still a nearly 20 year old vehicle. I understand there's not a ton in your area, but just because it's "rare" for your area, doesn't mean they're rare. You can drive extra and pay less and come out for cheaper then what he's asking. Also, without looking at the lift, you dont know if it was done properly or what other issues it may have.
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
orvisss
1995 ZJ 

heh, what did you all expect? Vehicles are expensive in ND. 4x4s are even more expensive. Pickups are even more expensive. Don't believe me? Look through that bisman site
Here is example... http://www.bismanonline.com/2004_jee...rokee_ltmd_4x4 for that price I saw WJ with 35k miles on ebay.
Plus ZJs/WJs are very popular in ND, you can see tons of them there
orvisss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

id run. never buy a vehicle thats been lifted by the PO. you dont know if they did it right or did a backwoods bubba hack job. and if its not lifted, you know its most likely never been driven to hell and back offroad.
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #13
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Hell no. That is just ridiculous. Buy a well kept stock ZJ then build it yourself.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #14
DevonsJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

well the bank said no anyways. probably better off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.