Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

would it kill the engine?

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  wmchurch 
#1 ·
ok sorry I posted that about the security question. I read the post going back awhile and I got part of my anwer. But can anyone just tell me if it does have a engine kill if it the alarm is attactivated? Because then I can narrow down the possibilties of why it isnt starting

#2 ·
Specs,

Year and model.

Hunter

#4 ·
Yes, if the alarm is activated, the engine will die.

Are you using the regular key or a valet key to start the engine?

Hunter

#5 ·
im guessing reg because it has the black plastic on it. and the remote doesnt work what can i do just to get it started. oh yeah the lock doesnt work either at the switch. Would going into diagnastic mode shut it off? on-off-on-off-on right?

#6 ·
That shouldn't kill the engine.

Hunter

#8 ·
It may. So could disconnecting the battery for awhile.

Hunter

#10 ·
put the key in the rear door and unlock it. that will kill the alarm to

#12 ·
Wow, I wasn't expecting that last part. :eek:

Hunter

#14 ·
#15 ·
I just disabled my alarm this weekend. For me, I pulled off the drivers kick panel and grounded the Violet / Yellow wire that comes from the drivers door. I attempted several times to arm the alarm and open it from the inside with out dis-arming the alarm and it never activated once. The security light doesn't blink either.

The correct wire is Violet with a yellow trace. I think there is one that is yellow with a violet trace, that isn't it.

FWIW, I replaced the drivers door key switch last year, only to have it fail again (or fall off the tumbler, who knows). I'm over it. :)

I took a few pictures, will post later.

If you don't want to disable forever, you could always hook it to a switch to ground and just hit it under the dash. That way you still have an alarm and can disable it if you have to.

#16 ·
Disconnecting the battery.

As far as disconnecting the battery, upon reconnecting the battery this enables the kill mode on the engine for me (interior and exterior lights flash but no horn). I have to disable it from a keyswitch or grounding out the wire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.