Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Worthwhile to soundproof behind headliner?

856 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ShinyWJ 
#1 ·
My new-to-me Five.Niner has a bad case of the droopy headliner. I know there are do it yourself instructions in other threads, but I'm going to farm the actual laying on of the new fabric to an experienced shop. I have a quote of $100 to do it, if I take the headliner out and bring it to them. My reason for farming out that part of the job is my lack of success years ago replacing the headliner in a Volvo wagon. Just could not get it smoothly stretched around contours and such.

Anyway, my question is actually what to do while the headliner is out. I have some leftover peel and stick B-Quiet sound dampening material from another vehicle project. I probably have enough to do the entire roof of the ZJ.

Anyone done this? Is it worthwhile, or is there much difference?

#5 ·
If I were doing it, and had some extra- I'd put some on the roof just because. I like riding around in the luxury of the Grand. I also like to keep my big stereo's sounds INSIDE.

Eventually I'm going to pull everything out- headliner, seats/carpet and put some down. Just gotta find time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.