worth the time and money?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > worth the time and money??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Kess

worth the time and money??

i have a lil bit of blow-by in my 4.0L, now the question is should i spend the money and my time to swap in a new head to get rid of this oil burnage?? or is the problem bad enough to where it wont matter if the head gets swapped or not.....thanks for ur input

also has ne one done this, how hard....doesnt sound too bad out the chiltons.....

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
xxxflhrci

Have you done a compression test and a leak down test? How do you know that it is the head and not the rings that are bad?
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 05:37 PM   #3
Kess

i just believe its the head cuz when i pull the oil cap off after running smoke comes out, not heavily, but it does......and my valve cover breather leaks oil like nutso

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
xxxflhrci

Is your PCV system working properly. Check the valve for pulsing. Sounds like it is blocked which would cause excessive pressure and a leak.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #5
BlueCuda

A bad head won't cause this. A bad head gasket MAYBE but not likley. Does it burn oil? Some blow by is normal but if its chugging smoke out its terminal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.