Worn track bar? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Worn track bar?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Worn track bar?

So I have been hearing a worn track bar can cause play in the steering I am wondering do I rebush it or replace it? Is the track bar different is the hp and lp 30 if I was to change out my front diff can I use the same trackbar? And if you guys are suggesting I replace my track bar what do I go with stock replacement or upgrade it?

xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

The track bar has a bushing at the axle end and a balljoint at the frame end, and either or both can wear out. You can get aftermarket bushings but I'm not sure if it's possible to replace the balljoint. Mopar treats the track bar as an assembly requiring complete replacement, it doesn't sell the bushings or balljoints separately.

Lots of people seem to recommend replacing the stock track bar with a Moog unit.
AVR2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I seen a moog track bar online for 71$ but for some reason the local auto parts store wants 200$ for what seems like the same thing. Is the track bar different from the v8 to i6 so if I was to get one online?
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

What would be a good source for buying a track bar online? The first thing that comes up on Google is parts geek.
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

www.rockauto.com or http://www.crownautomotive.net/
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

The moog track bar isn't even the most expensive one on rock auto it's only 57$ compared to an acdelco one in like 90$.
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I can't view anything on crownautomotive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.