working properly? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2006, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Cherokee_lu

working properly?

Hey guys i was going over a curb the other day and i noticed something, ill explain.. there is the road then the curn which is about 6 inches tall, a regualr curb, and on the other side of the curb is a drop of about 6 inches so i was reversing over it and the back tires went over fine but when it was time for the front ones to go over one of the back wheels started spinning and the gravel. Is this normal or is something wrong? I have a 1996 Jeep GC LTD full time 4x4.
Thanks
Lu

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
ajmorell

What do you mean is it normal. Just sounds to me like you didn't have the traction. In the first instance your front tires were on solid paved ground so you went over no problem. When it came time for the front tires, they couldn't grip the curb and the rear tires just spun in the gravel because there wasn't enought weight on them. So yes this is normal.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-25-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Cherokee_lu

Thank you ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.