working properly? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > working properly?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
Cherokee_lu

working properly?

Hey guys i was going over a curb the other day and i noticed something, ill explain.. there is the road then the curn which is about 6 inches tall, a regualr curb, and on the other side of the curb is a drop of about 6 inches so i was reversing over it and the back tires went over fine but when it was time for the front ones to go over one of the back wheels started spinning and the gravel. Is this normal or is something wrong? I have a 1996 Jeep GC LTD full time 4x4.
Thanks
Lu

Cherokee_lu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 09:01 PM   #2
ajmorell

What do you mean is it normal. Just sounds to me like you didn't have the traction. In the first instance your front tires were on solid paved ground so you went over no problem. When it came time for the front tires, they couldn't grip the curb and the rear tires just spun in the gravel because there wasn't enought weight on them. So yes this is normal.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Cherokee_lu

Thank you ...
Cherokee_lu is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.