wondows and power lock issues. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
gonejeepin04220
1995 XJ Cherokee 

wondows and power lock issues.

so i pulled out the whole gauge casing and all to find a screw i dropped.. when i put it back together and plugged it back in it didnt work.. nor do my power windows,power locks, and information center(on the ceiling) lost its memory and was erased..i can use the button to roll down drive side and power lock to lock/unlock..but the main controls on drivers door will only run drive side PW PL but will not any other.. have no clue whats going on.. and when i turn the key on the only light thats comes on is ABS nothing else. gauges wont work nothing.. ive made sure it was plugged in right about 400 times.. please help!!! thanks...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-13-2009, 10:29 PM
sherker55
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonejeepin04220 View Post
so i pulled out the whole gauge casing and all to find a screw i dropped.. when i put it back together and plugged it back in it didnt work.. nor do my power windows,power locks, and information center(on the ceiling) lost its memory and was erased..i can use the button to roll down drive side and power lock to lock/unlock..but the main controls on drivers door will only run drive side PW PL but will not any other.. have no clue whats going on.. and when i turn the key on the only light thats comes on is ABS nothing else. gauges wont work nothing.. ive made sure it was plugged in right about 400 times.. please help!!! thanks...
I had similar problems...pull the drivers side rubber boot from the door jamb, and fish around in the wires. I had a severed wire (black), which was one of the power wires. Just spliced them and it was good to go...but about 8 months later, it did it again...so make sure you splice it good...I would use a shrink wrap type instead of a crimped type
post #3 of 4 Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
gonejeepin04220
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i pulled the rubber back and the wires all looked decent.. im wondering when i pulled out the gauges if it messed something up.. there isnt like a security thing in there is there?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
gonejeepin04220
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Okay so after diggin for a couple hours and checking everything i could think of to figure this problem out..turns out it had something to do with the wires behind my cd player..dont know how or why...but pulled out the head unit and there ws a couple bare wires and i asssume it was the case...kinda weird uh..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.