wobbling when i hit a bump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wobbling when i hit a bump

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-17-2003, 10:16 AM   #1
demtjcj

wobbling when i hit a bump

i just got a 93 gc. when i am going highway speeds, and i hit a bump and my steering wheel was just going back and forth really quickly. like a bad wobble. i think the ball joints are bad but not sure if thats it. let me know

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Beachead19

hmmm...steering stabilizer could also be the problem, sounds like bumpsteer to me.
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Ditto bump steer. But you can check your balljoints by jacking
up your jeep and grabbing the wheel give it a good tug front and
back if you hear a click or feel alot of movement could be.
You could also have someone else wobble while you look to see
where the motion is. Pitman arm, Balljoints , whathave you.
Good luck
Unread 03-18-2003, 02:29 AM   #4
demtjcj

isnt bumpsteer from lifting your jeep. i wasnt sure. i thought bal joints, tir rod ends, steering stabilizer.

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2003, 06:36 AM   #5
Howler

Bump steer happens only when you hit a bump. Usually cased but a bad steering stabalizer. Death Wobble is when you lift you vehcile and it wobbles at a certain speed. Sometimes it happens some times it doesn't. DW is usually cased be a loose bolt in the steering or suspension componnents.
Howler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.