wobble from 45-55 mph - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wobble from 45-55 mph

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
SWDoodle
2000 WJ 

wobble from 45-55 mph

I'm getting ready to put some new tires and shocks on my GC. The tires that were on it were cupped out pretty bad on the front and from 45-55 mph it would wobble pretty bad and it's getting worse. I rotated the tires and it didn't help at all. I'm hoping I just have an out of balance tire or bad shock absorber because I know that replacing ball joints, tie rods, etc. can get into some major cash that I don't want to spend. Question is, if the wobble goes away at highway speeds (65 mph) do you think this is just a balance/bad tire issue? The tires howl pretty good at higher speeds so I know they are shot. Could I still have some major front-end issues. I'm going to be pissed if I have to sink much more into this vehicle. Guess I'll find out Monday when it goes into the shop. Between brake jobs, fuel pumps, and transmission issues I'm about ready to throw in the towel!

SWDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Search "death wobble". It could be the tires but you may have a worn suspension component.

Most of the things you listed are common maintenance items on all vehicles.

There is only 1 fuel pump.
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.