Wll i done F'ed up this time.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wll i done F'ed up this time....

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-16-2003, 05:01 PM   #1
Joseph Humphrey

Wll i done F'ed up this time....

well i did a couple of things wrong... the least dramatic of them was the fact that i threw a bead sometime during my last outing... simple fix.

the other 2 though.... not so simple.... i flooded the interior and need to replace the carpeting. who would you recommend to do that, or where should i look to get new? does anyone sell rubber "carpeting" molded to the jeep?

the other problem is that i think i blew out my fromt pumpkin. there is a nice oily residew on the left side of all the front linkages particuallary from the pumpkin to the axle that extends to the passenger tire...

what could i have possable done to it? i am going to try to have it looked at monday. just looking for an advanced guestimate on the problem and costs...

thanks guys.

The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #34 (no more BB)
----------------
[B]Silver 98 ZJ 4.0 I-6[/B]
K&N FIPK Gen II
JKS Adjustable Track Bars F and R
JKS Adjustable Control Arms
JKS Quicker Disco's
Kevins 3.5" Lift Kit w/ MX-6 Shocks
US Wheel 15x8 10 spoke black Steelies, 31" BFG AT KO rubber

Last edited by Joseph Humphrey; 11-18-2003 at 04:02 PM..
Joseph Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
Joseph Humphrey

oh, come on.... no one has any smart comments for this? i expected a couple of "idiot" or "jack a$$" replies... just a little disappointed... (sigh) oh well...

i did find THIS LINK online for a replacement. in about a week i should have the rubberized flooring and i will let you all know how the install was.
----------------
K&N FIPK Gen II
JKS Quicker Disco's
Unread 11-18-2003, 05:52 PM   #3
Jeeper4life

your carpet is totally ruined??
have u tired cleaning it?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/good-carpet-cleaner-58335/

if you cant get it clean u could tear out the carpet and put down some liquid bed liner

or u could go to diy store and buy some carpet and cut it to fit

if that is not a option for you then i think the stealership or the junk yard is your best bet .

Last edited by Jeeper4life; 11-18-2003 at 05:54 PM..
Jeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
xXHotelCrazyXx

Yuo *******, idiot, and everything above!
1994 Grand Cherokee Ltd V8, Rustys 4.5 lift, Daystar 2" Spacers up front, Rustys Intake, Rustys Adjustable LCA's, 31x10.5 BFG MT's, AR 767's, 3" Carsound Cat, 3" Pipe, Flowmaster 50 Series, Mike Leach Headers, Clear corners, Billet grille, 5% tint, Front and rear Trailready Bumpers, Cowl hood www.cardomain.com/id/xxhotelcrazyxx
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
CLB

i woulda suggested ripping out the carpet and rhinoing it but then again thats just me
6.5" Rustys, RR Adj Trac Bar, RE Adj UCAs/LCAs, DT3000, M.O.R.E steering box brace, Rancho steering stabalizer, custom cone intake, Poweraid TB spacer, home-brew roof rack, lights everywhere, +10 HP Jeep Seatbelt pads, hole in the fender from previous snorkel, plus a lot more crap
[COLOR=red]RJC[/COLOR] #42

[B][URL=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286688789&code=9974543&mode=invite&cmp=EMC-IS_other&creative=album-invite]Old XJ pics[/URL][/B][/SIZE]
CLB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2003, 03:30 PM   #6
Harald

Buy a submarine.....
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2003, 05:32 PM   #7
Joseph Humphrey

well, at least i know that some of you all have a sence of humor... thanks.

i would have liked ot oahe gotten a sprayed on bed liner for it, but the price that i was quoted by a couple of local shops was over $500, and the "rubberized" flooring was only 120 after shipping. the reason they said it was so expensive was because they would have to gut out the interior, seal off what they could have then spray...

i got the estimate for fixing what is wrong and aparently there is a $75 solenoid shot in the tranny as well as something else... because of the sol going out, i could not get it out of 4WD Hi. the bill for fixing that after labor and changing out the fluids and filter, thats going to run about 400.

the odd thing about the front diferential is that the reason they gave me it broke was because it was in 4WD and i had the doughnut of a spare on it. because of the roataional speed difference aparently that stripped the chain and gears in the pineapple and now it has to be replaced.... damn it all not thats going to run about 1 grand. so my total bill is going to be about 1.6 grand after i fix everything. and get this! because the dealership is not replacing the carpeting, they will not remove my old carpeting nor will they help me to dry it out with a shop vac or just leaving the doors open on her while leaving it indoors.

bastards.
----------------
K&N FIPK Gen II
JKS Quicker Disco's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.