WK vs. 05 Pathfinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WK vs. 05 Pathfinder

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-26-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
fiddlyD

WK vs. 05 Pathfinder

i know im going to get flamed to death but just curious....

what do u guys think about the WK vs. 05 Pathfinder??? lets talk 6 cylinders not v8's...the pathfinder has a 4.0 v6.
i love the body styling on both, the price is roughly the same...opinions??

fiddlyD

fiddlyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
glennv

My wife has a Pathfinder and I hate it. Being a 97 it's a dog. Something like 160hp. I know the newer ones have much more power. The Jeep is going to be much better offroad. I would never buy another PF.

"The Second Amendment is not about duck hunting, and I know I'm not going to make very many friends saying this, but it's about our right, all of our right to be able to protect ourselves from all of you guys up there." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp, appearing before Representative Charles Schumer's committee hearings on the assault weapons ban
glennv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

I read an article comparing the 05 batch of SUVs and the new LR3 came in on top with the WK a close second. I don't remember where the PF came in.
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
Jay Arno

WK, a must......Hemi. The only thing I don't understand is the Independent Suspension all the way around. And it has the rear axle of the E-class MB's.
Jay Arno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 04:31 PM   #5
Lurch77

The WK was again the Peterson 4 Wheel & Off-road 4x4 of the year. The Pathfinder placed second to last, only ahead of the Dodge Dakota. Basically they loved the PF for on road use. Off road use was left with a lot to desire. So depending what you want to use it for, it could be a good or bad choice. Here is what they had to say.

Pathfinder Likes:
Return to body on frame construction.
Lots of cargo room for long items.
Very quiet interior.

Pathfinder Dislikes:
Cheesy interior knobs.
Needed a limited slip or locker to compete with the other vehicles int he test.
Was the worst climber on the hill test.

Pathfinder Verdict:
Totaly inoffensive to drive on the street, but not our first choice for the trail.

WK (w/hemi engine) Likes:
Impressive engine power.
Whisper quiet interior.
Extremely capable Quadra-Drive II four wheel drive system.

WK Dislikes:
Not enough ground clearance.
Cheesy transfer case shifter.
Too on road friendly compared to the previous Grand Cherokees.

WK Verdict:
A kinder gentler Grand Cherokee that will rip your head off with Hemi power.
Unread 01-26-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
Animal Mother

The WK also got good reviews from FourWheeler magazine..plus its got a hemi. I wouldnt really trust the pathfinder off the road as it hasnt gotten very good reviews.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.