WK-2005 Hemi - Audio/DVD - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-20-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
rsimon

WK-2005 Hemi - Audio/DVD

Hi,

I got my new Hemi in February, and I am very happy with it. It is fast enough and the finishing of the car is much better than the former ones.

Id like to ask for some help from you (from the far Europe), cause I am the only one who has this car in this country :

-How can I connect any sound source to the REC/Navi system, does it have line in?
-Or I just have to use this new CAN Bus system, so I have to connect comething can communicate trough it?
-Can I connect any video input to the head unit (as far as I heard the Commander will be equipped with the same REC, but it will also have rew camera). If I can should/can I uprgarde the software version of the unit?
-I have this Boston system in my car, but the bass is not enough how can I connect another sub trough ampfiller?
-DVD doesnt eat the european DVDs , what can I do? You know there are always like: push this and that for x secs than than...
-How do you think, shouldnt I tune the car for the European gas like 95/99? Is the only solution is something like Superchips? They will have their module for the JGC within 3 monts...

Thans,

Robert Simon
Budapest, Hungary

2005-Grand Cherokee 5.7, White+Crome
Former: 1999 GC4.0, 1995 GC 5.2V8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-2005, 11:46 AM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Your Nav system isn't a DVD player, it is just for navigation. It'll play regular CD's, mp3's, and upgrade disks for your nav system.As for European gas, it should have already come with a set up to handle the higher octane gas there. Unless you notice something wrong like knocking (which I wouldn't expect with that high octane) or cylinder misfire or something I wouldn't bother with a chip...you have the hemi, no need for more power:-P

Take a gander at www.wkjeeps.com. It is your new best friend.

You shouldn't have to go through the CAN network to add another device. That is just for the Jeeps communication system. If anything the Nav system needs to have another input but I couldn't find any information on that nor the rear view camera.

Upgrade to a new 5 channel amp (hard to find) or get a line out converter and that runs off your speaker wires (before they hit the amp) and then the line out converter attaches to a new amp for a sub. Tried adjusting your bass and treble on your nav unit? It should have decent bass through that system just not going to rattle anything apart.

-Ryan

'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
-

post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
rsimon

Ryan, thanks.
I didnt try to put DVD into the NAV`s tray, but I also have a factory installed DVD set. There is 3 RCA (video&audio) input on it, and on the wkjeep hompage I checked the cable usage. I didnt see any other communication wires between the head unit and the DVD just the CAN bus. Thats why I tought if I would like to connect anything else than it has to be connected on this interface.
About the chip, my only problem is that my friend has a BMW X3 3.0i, and my Hemi isnt faster... Im just thinking about a supechips modul or for examp. turbonator.com... Do you have any experience on them?
Camera> http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_features.htm>> Camera, rear back-up (Requires REC navigation radio)
I wouldnt change the current ampfiller to lower quality line converter...
Thanks again,

Robert Simon
Budapest, Hungary

2005-Grand Cherokee 5.7, White+Crome
Former: 1999 GC4.0, 1995 GC 5.2V8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.