WJ suspension measurements - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ suspension measurements

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
FFJeep

WJ suspension measurements

I am wondering if anyone out there has the measurements of the ground to wheelwell height of what a 2000 GC should be? Mine is about 9 y/o and has 130K miles on it with the factory tow package. I would like to put a lift on of no more than 2-3", but am wondering if I need new springs or if I can get away with a BB. I need new shocks either way I go, so that is not a concern. Any suggestions and the measurements would be helpful for comparision.

Thanks

FFJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

new springs would improve your ride quality, i got 150,000 on my ZJ and a BB and i almost cant tell cause the springs are so old and saggy
Unread 04-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I believe it's 18" from center of wheel to fender on the front and 18.5" on the rear.
Unread 04-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
BlackShuck
2001 WJ 

Stock hub to fender measurement is supposed to be 18" and 18.2 rear is what I read.

If you're looking for a lift, peruse ironrockoffroad.com
Utah Jeep Crew #8
FS: Rear wind deflectors || || Stock OEM Air Box Set Up
BlackShuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
FFJeep

Thanks for the responses. I guess for know I will go with the BB. I got 18" in the front and 18.25" in the rear.
FFJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.