Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ starting problems

832 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  pushead 
#1 ·
Looking for some ideas of what could be wrong. It's a 4.0 WJ that does not want to start all the time. It is getting worse by the day. Some times it will crank up with no problems other times it wont catch for a while. I recently replaced the battery and starter and confirmed both are good. The ground terminal on the battery has a spit in it but still gets fairly tight. As a precaution I am putting a new fitting on today.

Any ideas what else may be the problem? I have ruled out plugs and coil packs since it runs perfect once started. That leaves me to think it may be the terminal connector or the neutral safety switch? Is there any sensors that would have this effect, like the CPS or TPS?

#3 ·
Your correct. I am just in denial that it could be some thing so simple. 9 out of 10 things I work on never end up simple. I will cut the wire tonight an put a new fitting on. I guess I will have to check all the ground connections while I am at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.