WJ Lift starting 2" BB and working up to 3" and eventually 5" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Lift starting 2" BB and working up to 3" and eventually 5"

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
SSnipes
2008 JK Wrangler 

WJ Lift starting 2" BB and working up to 3" and eventually 5"

I am looking to buy/make parts to make a 3 to 4" lift. I could use the following.

- adjustable Track bar
- Front Quick disconnect sway bar links.
- Rear extended sway bar links
- shocks F and R
- Bump stops
- Springs longer than stock. Up country or 3" springs are Ok
- 2" budget boost ok too as I can use that with up country springs.

If you have tips or seen how to make any of these components please PM me links. thanks.

A friend of mine had spacers made from aluminum which worked very well on his XJ. he did this to offset weight from a winch. once made he put a factory spring isolator on top and bottom.

I could make it all spacer but would rather to it with some spring.

thanks all. I will post my results and cost. later.

Wife's - '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L - Stock
ATS 245/70R16
SSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
WJ04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnipes View Post
I am looking to buy/make parts to make a 3 to 4" lift. I could use the following.

- adjustable Track bar
- Front Quick disconnect sway bar links.
- Rear extended sway bar links
- shocks F and R
- Bump stops
- Springs longer than stock. Up country or 3" springs are Ok
- 2" budget boost ok too as I can use that with up country springs.

If you have tips or seen how to make any of these components please PM me links. thanks.

A friend of mine had spacers made from aluminum which worked very well on his XJ. he did this to offset weight from a winch. once made he put a factory spring isolator on top and bottom.

I could make it all spacer but would rather to it with some spring.

thanks all. I will post my results and cost. later.
What ever lift hight you wan't to achieve as a finall result you have to buy componants for that hight. (I think I told you this in another thread) Dont buy componants for a 2'' or 3'' lift and try to add to that for 4'' 0r 5'' because you will have to buy all the componants again and also others that you wouldn't have needed a 3'' (with the exeption of the springs) to match the new hight.
2004 WJ Laredo-selectrac 242-I6- Custom XJ intake w/Amsoil cone filter- PSC HD Pump & Res- PSC ported box- B&M trans cooler- B&M PS cooler- Custom chevy 1 Ton over the knuckle steering- Rough Stuff 1 Ton tierod & draglink ends- Saguaro 4x4 Front 3/4" shackles, Rear hitch & Warn 3/4" shackle-Mopar Front skid,Gastank skid -IRO TC skid- RRO super sliders- 6.5'' IRO critical path lift -IRO extended rear arms-Bilstein 5125 shocks -IRO F&R 6.5'' Bump stops-Carolina drive shaft-16x7 black soft 8's - 34'' Super swampers-Yukon 4.11 gears -Ultimate RCV shafts - LockRight Locked ECGS bolt in rear D60 -35 spline Chomloy shafts -BTF HD diff cover -IRO Adj A-arm-OX Locked super D30 -OX HD diff cover -OX drive away lock-Rock Krawler d30 truss-Stillen rotors & Matrix pads-JKS Adj Track Bar-JKS Quicker discos -Relocated OME SD-40 Steering Stabilizer-BDS stabilizer brackets-Relocated washer bottle-Removed rear sway bar-Cobra CB-TomTom one XL navi-alpine deck

Still to come: Flowmaster 50suv

October 2011 GCOTM Winner

Some of my videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/LockedWJ?feature=mhee

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyjp2 View Post
I burnout on puppies and kittens
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwmaniacx View Post
Lets not and say we didn't.
WJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
_Kyle_
1996 ZJ 

If you already plan on going to 5", just buy components for that now. You'll be wasting money otherwise.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND $

save up for what you really want.
cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
SSnipes
2008 JK Wrangler 

yeah I hear you all. unfortunately I could not shell out 2500 to $3000 grand right now for tires and lift and I needed tires. so the plan is not to waste my money. I thought I could pass on my stuff to my wifes vehicle later or

Order the IRO 4" lift, request the 6" shocks for it, and just add the budget boost spacers to it. but for the price difference I probably will just order the 6" kit. is there a big difference in the offroad flex between the 6" kits with just front long arms vs front and rear long arm kit?

My ideas change so often. man I looked at the GCOTM with 8" lift. talk about flexing... wow.

thanks all.
ATS 245/70R16
Unread 04-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
TX02WJ
2002 WJ 

I second cloiselle. I am in the "build up" stage from 2" BB to 4.5". It is a royal pain. Especially if starting under 4" and going up. I'm stuck in a rut right now with crazy DW because I am having to wait for parts to come in so I can slap them on asap, so I don't pucker every day I drive to work! If could do it over I would just save a couple more bucks and wait a little bit longer and jump right into what my final goal was. However, on the plus side...I have become very familiar with a lot of the suspension components I'm working with after having to readjust everything once I install something new!

Good luck to ya brotha
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
SSnipes
2008 JK Wrangler 

yeah that is what I was going to do. but my tires were so rotton and cracking up that they would not hold air anymore. had to do something. the tires and boost will go to my wifes GC likely so it is not a waste. Good advice! just couldnt do it due to the crappy tires. I really do want to wheel 35's. I have done 33's and loved it. with this vehicle a 6" lift and 35's is likely what will keep me happy. but 4 to 5" will be okay too. we'll see. I have seen many go with a 4" lift and put BB on top. I dont have shocks or other stuff. just the boost. were talking about $100 here. not going to break the bank with that. I can still buy the 4" or 6" for that matter. I would be wasting a $100 and my time. not a problem to me.
ATS 245/70R16

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.