• 1 Post By GrandIL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
GrandIL
2007 WK 

WJ Lift kit - Rusty 4.5" vs IRO 4"

Need some info.
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=wj_kits

Rusty's kit look like a better deal, I Want to upgrades to Bilstein's 5150 shocks, Tom Woods front DS and KOR OME dual SS, Do i need something more?

IRO.
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch..._Code=IR-W_4LK
The IRO kit missing many parts, If I Add it all, The price become a little high.

So, Which kit is better, stronger, better steering, comfort...

Thank's.
Rami.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 PM
TheSandman
2004 WJ 

Well the rusty's kit does come with more, but it's a higher lift. People run the 4" IRO with everything they supply in the kit and don't have a problem at all. I have their 4" kit but I have front LA's and I love mine. To me, IRO is just an all around better kit, they build quality stuff. I know for a fact that guys here are running 4" with stock pitman arm, stock control arms. It's all in what you like, Kolak and KOR (which still might be Kolak's kit) sell 4.5" kits for pretty good prices.

04 WJ 4.0 - Stock
96 XJ 4.0 - RE 7.5" LA, Locked HP44/9", 36 TSL's soon
post #3 of 13 Old 06-21-2008, 07:11 AM
skain8

2002 WJ 

neither is a "complete" kit. Which driveshaft do you have? I'd check before spending money on a TW shaft. Look in the FAQ's for Arlo's WJ suspension thread. It should answer all of your questions about what is needed/not needed for 4" lift....and Search.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-21-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
GrandIL
2007 WK 

Thank's.

I looked at Arlo's WJ suspension thread, he recomended the JKS CA, the IRO kit have no CA at all.
Do i need the CA?
On my old ZJ RE 4.5" you need them.
My DS is the original POS CV.
Any way...
for 4" lift, and not more.
the kit includes:

Front and rear 4" lift coil springs
Front and rear hydro shocks*
1" Transfer Case Drop Kit
Heavy duty ADJUSTABLE track bar
Front extended sway bar links
Rear extended sway bar links

I upg. the kit with:

JKS Quicker Disconnects
Front Driveshaft Conversion Kit

WJ A-Arm Spacer Kit - Do I need it?

Bilsteine 5150 shocks.
Spidertrax WJ Wheel Spacer Kit
Shock Absorber "Bar Pin Eliminators™" (JKS
WJ Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit.

Anything else?

Rami.
senTralsuLcus likes this.

2007 WK 5.7L Limited, Red, 3.5" Lift King Springs + Performex Poly Spacers, Koni+ 28" Billsteins Monotubes, 1.25" W. Spacers, 265.70.17 Hercules Trail Digger, Asfir Armor. Superchip Flashpac.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM
TheSandman
2004 WJ 

You don't NEED CA's, although it will improve the ride a little and you'll get a little more flex about it. You don't need the t-case drop kit either, I don't have one with my 4" and have no problems at all, many other people on here don't run one either. And YES, you do need the A-Arm spacer, I ran my 4" without one because I just bought the coils and I have bad driveline vibs, I installed the spacer and the vibs went away. And I would definitely recommend the bar pin eliminators too. I ran my BB without the par pin kit and the front shocks clunked and kinda annoyed me. I have the JKS kit with my 4" and they work great!

04 WJ 4.0 - Stock
96 XJ 4.0 - RE 7.5" LA, Locked HP44/9", 36 TSL's soon
post #6 of 13 Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 AM
kenbuck

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I ran 4.5" Rustys springs, with their shocks and stock control arms on my WJ.
I used their rear A-arm spacer and no t-case drop.
I had zero problems with vibrations or bumpsteer.
It got a little wobbly over 75 mph, but thats to be expected I suppose.

Of course, I've heard of a couple people using 3" lifts and with no t-case drop or pinion angle adjustment, have had bad vibration problems.

Maybe I got lucky. Whatever you do, just dont order the WJ lift from Rocky Road...

02 TJ.
2.5" RC Progressive Lift
1" PA Body Lift
33" KM's
misc other stuff.....
post #7 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 12:02 AM
rqukrawler
1999 WJ 

IRO 4" LA kit. Very happy with the setup. Super stable on the road. No fears to run 75 on the fwy. Flexes great off road. Appears very well built and I can't say enough good about the kit. Very complete and nicely put together. Made the install a breeze.

Used the A-arm spacer. Declined the trans case drop. Stock DS's, no funny vibes or pops. All is good.

99' WJ Laredo, owned since day 1, hand-me down after 110k of groceries and soccer games, 4.0 Selec-trac, IRO 4" LA, IRO Sliders, discos, Rubicon Wheels & 255/75-17 BFG MT's

Another one bites the dust. Slow roll on Swamp... body is toast but the goodies will live to see another day.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 01:32 AM
Kolak
Vendor

One of the first questions I always ask before putting together a kit for a customer is what size tires are you wanting to install?

Also, what's the mileage on your WJ and are the stock control arm bushings in good shape?

Depending on the answers to the above, it may be possible to keep the stock arms and save lots of money.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
GrandIL
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
One of the first questions I always ask before putting together a kit for a customer is what size tires are you wanting to install?

Also, what's the mileage on your WJ and are the stock control arm bushings in good shape?

Depending on the answers to the above, it may be possible to keep the stock arms and save lots of money.
Hi Kolak.
245-70-17, or 245-75-16. (30.5 - 31")

My mileage is 72000.

One of my Up. CA bushing not in a good shape.

The Jeep is for a day use, once a month or less I offroad usually in rocky surface , I like to flex, so I'll like to keep my frame solid for maximum time.

Thank's

2007 WK 5.7L Limited, Red, 3.5" Lift King Springs + Performex Poly Spacers, Koni+ 28" Billsteins Monotubes, 1.25" W. Spacers, 265.70.17 Hercules Trail Digger, Asfir Armor. Superchip Flashpac.

Last edited by GrandIL; 06-24-2008 at 04:24 AM.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 07:38 AM
WJChris

2000 WJ 

31's? You would be just fine with 2.5" lift with either spacers or coils. No other mods besides shocks and maybe a Quick Disco for the front sway bar.
post #11 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 07:48 AM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Get sliders, TC, skid, and a gas tank skid first.
Then get the tires - I ran that size w/o a lift.
And if you feel like it, get a 2-3" lift and new shocks.
Get quick disconnects

No need for an a-arm spacer at that height. What CA bushing is bad, some of them are replacable?

'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package

-
-

post #12 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
GrandIL
2007 WK 

For Some reasons (stupid low in my country) I have to limit the tires size.
I allso have an old experience with A ZJ with 2" BB and 31" tires, BIG! , Big differents offroad after instalation the RE 4.5", so I prefer it high.

The IRO 4" springs anyway not so high, not like the RE springs, Actually it looks like a 3" lift…..

post #13 of 13 Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Kolak
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandIL View Post
Hi Kolak.
245-70-17, or 245-75-16. (30.5 - 31")

My mileage is 72000.

One of my Up. CA bushing not in a good shape.

The Jeep is for a day use, once a month or less I offroad usually in rocky surface , I like to flex, so I'll like to keep my frame solid for maximum time.

Thank's

All you need is 2.5" to 3" lift. This is a simple one - springs (or spacers), shocks, adjustable trackbar, discos if you want more flex, and an HD steering stabilizer for good measure.

PM me if you want to chat in detail. I'll consider you budget and offroading style and get you the best parts for your situation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.