Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ Klunking

631 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cannonball 
#1 ·
I had a 2002 WJ and my wife has a 2000 WJ both of these have suspension "klunks" over sharp bumps. I have replaced shocks and sway bar links but the noise continues. I have remover the spare and all components in the rear because we thought it could have been something loose in there but nope. It sometimes sounds like it is in the rear and other times it is in the front end.

I have no clue and the dealer "stealer" has been of no use either.

Both of these had the up country suspension pkj. all stock components in suspension no lifts etc.......I cannot duplicate the noise on the hoist or in the shop either.

I would appreciate any info or thoughts on this.........

Thanks

Cannonball

#2 ·
you describe a broken endlink sound, did you use all new bushings? also check the sway bar itself there is bushings that go around the clamps that hold it in. Try standing on something sturdy and rock it back forth from the side by the roof racking. Reall get that thing rocking and see if that reproduces the sound.

#3 ·
new end links and bushings were installed I will look at the sway bar bushings and get this thing rocking to see if i can duplicate. I tried to bounse it severely with no noise. when it happens on the street it is in a striaght line and going over sharp bumps, rail road tracks, or a harsh tar line....... or a wisconsin winter pot hole.......

Thanks

Ill let you know what i find

CB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.