WJ instrument cluster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ instrument cluster

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 06-11-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
ruinz
1999 WJ 

WJ instrument cluster

I've been kind of thinking for a while about changing my stock 99's guages over to the white ones from an '01 or '02 model. I was wondering where there actual mileage is saved at for the odometer so I can avoid having to reset it if I do the swap.

I've searched the forum but havn't found much of anything on the subject. The WJJeeps page has a little blurb that its possible followed by an installation instruction for placing the guages on, but I'm not sure if the instructions are related to the blurb or if they are giving the way to do it where I would have to set the odometer.

If I do get a cluster and remove the guages from it and then place them on to the existing circuit board will I have to change this, or does that only apply when the gauges are applied on a new circuit board?

ruinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
jeepster2000
2004 WJ 

the gauges will go in with no trouble at all,the odometer will read exactly the same as the vehicle it was removed from,however a dealer with DRB can change the mileage for you.....................
you will have 1 problem though (i know because i did it) the airbag light and the seat belt warning light will remain lit all the time AND it cant be changed with DRB in the settings,the airbag's will still be functional though...
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #3
ruinz
1999 WJ 

So even if I put the new white white gauges on my existing circuit board I'll still have to get that meter reset?
Unread 06-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #4
Windowsrookie
2000 WJ 

http://wjjeeps.com/gauges.htm
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #5
tbm5690
2001 WJ 

Do you want the electro-luminescents from 2002 and up or the white gauges from the 2001 Limited? As I undersand it the 2001 Gauges are a direct swap and you will not have to worry about the DRB having to be used.
Unread 06-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
jeepster2000
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbm5690 View Post
Do you want the electro-luminescents from 2002 and up or the white gauges from the 2001 Limited? As I undersand it the 2001 Gauges are a direct swap and you will not have to worry about the DRB having to be used.
absolutely correct my friend,the white gauges with the orange needles are a straight swap (the mileage WILL be retained in the gauges though) daytime they look all right,but not too much different at night from the black gauges....
the electroluminiscent gauges will cause problems with the seatbelt/airbag warning lights,BUT they do look nicer at night......
the link to WJJEEPS has a good write up on it all...
Unread 06-12-2008, 05:53 AM   #7
ruinz
1999 WJ 

Alright, thanks. I was looking more at the electroluminescent gauges, but I figured on just getting the standard whites if it wasn't compatable with the existing circuit board in the '99.

Can someone give me a ballpark on what the stealership would charge to use the DRB? I try to stay as far away from them as possable if I can help it. Last time I went was to get some fluid for my tcase and I wasn't happy when I left...
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #8
tbm5690
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinz View Post
Alright, thanks. I was looking more at the electroluminescent gauges, but I figured on just getting the standard whites if it wasn't compatable with the existing circuit board in the '99.

Can someone give me a ballpark on what the stealership would charge to use the DRB? I try to stay as far away from them as possable if I can help it. Last time I went was to get some fluid for my tcase and I wasn't happy when I left...
Advance Auto has a DRB...but I'm not sure if they are knowledgeable enough to be able to reprogram things on the Jeep with it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.