WJ Help- P1495 LDP Solenoid Circuit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Help- P1495 LDP Solenoid Circuit

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Sweetie217
2002 WJ 

WJ Help- P1495 LDP Solenoid Circuit

I just had some work done on my '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They repaired two pins in the socket of my headlight wiring harness, repaired a cracked hose & my gas cap that was causing a very small, small and large evap leak. While I was paying, they told me they checked the codes again and nothing was thrown. I made it to 94.5 miles before the CEL came on. At 114.5 miles it went out. I thought maybe it was still clearing the codes? I can't recall the exact mileage of when it popped back on, maybe somewhere around 134ish. Advanced Auto Parts read only a P1495 and after some research I found out it's a Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit (An open or shorted condition detected in the Leak Detection Pump (LDP) solenoid circuit.) Has anyone else had experience with this? And is this in any way related to the previous evap leaks? Thanks!

Sweetie217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
theksmith
2003 WJ 

hopefully someone with actuall experience in this area will chime in...

in the mean time, this is what the FSM says... not much help

SECTION 1 - P1495 Leak Detection Pump
Solenoid Circuit- When the ignition key is turned
to 9ON9, the LDP diaphragm should be in the down
position and the LDP reed switch should be closed. If
the EVAP system has residual pressure, the LDP diaphragm
may be up. This could result in the LDP reed
switch being open when the key is turned to 9ON9
and a P1494 fault could be set because the PCM is
expecting the reed switch to be closed.
After the key is turned 9ON9, the PCM immediately
tests the LDP solenoid circuit for electrical
faults. If a fault is detected, DTC P1495 will set, the
MIL will illuminate, and the remaining EVAP Leak
Detection Test is canceled.

i would deffinately take it back to them and explain the situation... it's possible the LDP is bad, but i'm betting that perhaps while fixing everything else they knocked a vacuum line or the electrical fitting nearly loose and after a bit of driving it came undone? or they didn't hook something back up correctly?
theksmith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Sweetie217
2002 WJ 

I thought it was something on their end too. Of course they disagreed. Thanks for getting back to me. I took it there this morning and the light turned off again?!
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Sweetie217
2002 WJ 

Can someone give me their opinion..

I drove it there for service this morning and of course the light is back out. So now my ride is inspected, but they want to know if I want to have them fix or look into the issue..and I'm going back and forth on it. I really don't want it to be an issue in the future, but am being told it's an emissions thing and shouldn't cause any...any thoughts?
Unread 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Sweetie217
2002 WJ 

I decided to leave it for now. If/When the CEL comes on again, I'll get it fixed. It was going to be 250-300 for the LDP and then they wanted to "poke around" to find the problem (have to keep their meter running..) Here's a link I found in case anyone else needs help with this:

Jeep Cherokee Leak Detection Pump
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

My money is on a crack in the lines between the tank and the pump.
Unread 02-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl010h.htm
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.