WJ Headlight Aiming, HOW? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ Headlight Aiming, HOW?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
Rito

WJ Headlight Aiming, HOW?

I just installed a set of Phillips HIDS in my 03 GC and I think it would benefit if I adjusted the way the beam hits the ground. Is their a way to adjust the beam? The light does not spread out evenly on the road...it is brighter in some spots then others and I would like to raise it a bit...any help woudl be greatly appreciated.

Rito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
sportsdevil333
1999 WJ 

yes, but if you have the original housing for your HIDS you will need to remove the headlights... there is a swiveling metal bar on the inner half of the headlight thats only reachable when the headlight is removed...and bc you can't see the adjustment until you put the headlight back in make sure you rotate the bar the same amount of revolutions for each headlight otherwise the aim will be impossible to get back ontrack
sportsdevil333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Actually you don't have to remove the stock headlights at all to adjust them. If you look down on of the holes above the headlight next to the bolt that holds them in, there is a torx head you should be able to see. That is how you adjust them.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rito View Post
I just installed a set of Phillips HIDS in my 03 GC and I think it would benefit if I adjusted the way the beam hits the ground. Is their a way to adjust the beam? The light does not spread out evenly on the road...it is brighter in some spots then others and I would like to raise it a bit...any help woudl be greatly appreciated.
Did you replace the reflectors also? If not, the problem with your beam pattern is due to the fact that you've got HID's in a housing designed for halogen bulbs. No amount of re-aiming the lights will solve the problem. You need a reflector designed for the HID light output. There was a thread on here a few months ago with a picture drawn to illustrate this point.

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.