WJ front lower control arms mounted in the rear of a ZJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ front lower control arms mounted in the rear of a ZJ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
C_ee_X
1989 XJ Cherokee 

WJ front lower control arms mounted in the rear of a ZJ?

We all know we can swap in front control arms in our ZJs but how about using front lower control arms from a WJ and installing them in the rear (replacing the ZJ's stock rear lower control arms)

Is it possible? Is it safe? Would it be beneficial?

Logically, I think it's possible since they are the same length but I don't know if CAs can be installed in reverse.

C_ee_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Interesting thought
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

we tend to use them on the front because of the bow to them for tire clearance. no benefit like that for the rear. they'll fit, they'll be nominally safe, no major upgrade though other than the slight increase in rigidity.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
we tend to use them on the front because of the bow to them for tire clearance. no benefit like that for the rear. they'll fit, they'll be nominally safe, no major upgrade though other than the slight increase in rigidity.
they clear tires better on the front? that might be just what i need, mine rub the control arms at full lock.
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
C_ee_X
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
Thought so! I already have WJ CAs for the front.

I need to replace the bushings in my rear CAs and being in France parts are overly expensive: +/-400 USD for 4 new CAs or just about half of that if I only want the bushings.

So because I'm rather cheap, I'd rather find second hand parts that will fit and also improve the ride (those WJ bushings seem incredible!) and I found one or 2 ads for WJ CAs that I'll check out today!

Thanks for the input!! :-)
C_ee_X is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.