Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ fender flares

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  daufuskieraised 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of the fender flares from iceland offroad on their WJ? I like how fender flares look on almost all jeeps, but i am unsure on WJ and want to see more pics than what they have on their site. Also how mush extra clearence do they actually give?

#3 ·
The site says it sticks out 2.25 inches from the body. What i really want to know is how much vertical clearence does it give you over stock flares. I have 32's on right now and they fit, but they are close.

#4 ·
You should be good. I basically did the same thing by cuttin them but just dont have the flares. The inner wheel well in the front has a few spots that a hammer can take care of. The rear cuttin a little harder. And if you do cut the flares and put on new ones make sure you weld the back fender seams togather.

#10 ·
honestly i'd wait until like bushwacker came out with flares for the WJ...they came out with ones for the zj why not for the wj? i thinking they will eventually...

the iceland ones look ok, but i think bushwacker has the "flare look" that appeals to most people...

if you ran anything bigger and didnt want to go up in lift id just cut that whole seam on the fender that everyone does it actually looks really good if you do it right..

to each his own i guess..

#11 ·
Does anyone know if bushwacker is coming out with flares for the WJ? cuz if they are i will most definetely wait. I'm just tryin to find out a little more about these iceland offroad flares.

#12 ·
I've sent numerous messages, over the last 2 years, to Bushwacker requesting flares for a WJ. The response is always the same, " Thanks for your suggestion, but we do not see any market for the flares for a WJ at this time". BS Look out West, tons of WJs being wheeled.
They make all these flares for all these poser vehicles, but neglect some of the offroading ones. T'ain't fair :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.