WJ factory spring isolators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ factory spring isolators

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
davets
1956 CJ5 

WJ factory spring isolators

Can I add a 2nd factory spring isolator on the front of my 02 WJ? It will lift it 1" if I can. I've done it on an XJ before but that isolator is just a flat spacer and the bumpstop is very long which keeps it in place. On the WJ the spacer has a tapered inside hole which is mostly much larger that than the bumpstop it slides over. Also, only about 1/2" of bumpstop extends beyond the factory spacer so a second spacer would barely grab that bumpstop which could cause it slide out. Anyone ever do it? I know 3/4" spacers are available but I was looking for 1" in front and the rear will take a 2nd stock spacer which will add 5/8". They were free from the junkyard. Thanks.

*** 1956 CJ-5, milled head,elec fan,power steering,4-whl discs,rubber mounted cage,all drivetrain and engine incl distributor vented into firewall,Saturn overdrive,Lockrites,Rezeppa joints,2 1/2" springs arched add'l 1 1/2", homemade expanding shackles,reinforced frame,glass tub, stainless tank, 31X15.5 Terras on 15x10 and 15X12 rims-trail, 31X10.5 A/T's on 15X10 alum rims-street,Amsoil.
davets is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.