WJ engine code 0735? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ engine code 0735?

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
kennadm
2002 WJ 

WJ engine code 0735?

Hi all,

The past couple of days, I had noticed by transmission shifting a little rougher than normal ('02 GC Limited 4.7, 80K miles). Yesterday the check engine light came on and I pulled these codes: P0138 and P0141, which are related to the O2 sensor, which I understand. However, I also got a P0735 - Gear 5 Incorrect Ratio 17119. The transmission is barely shifting rougher than normal; someone who hasn't driven it before probably woudn't even notice it. But as far as I can tell, fifth gear is fine. Where should I begin to diagnose this problem? (I hope I don't have to start worrying about rebuilding it! )

Thanks for any advice!

kennadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
kennadm
2002 WJ 

....nothing?
Unread 09-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
QBCoach
1994 YJ Wrangler 

First things first...Low fluid can be the cause of many transmission problems...so I would check that first...if its low add or better yet do a complete tranny fluid flush and refill. See if that helps. But from reading the manual if you are onlt getting P0735 then it looks like it maybe internal in the tranny. The two usual problems are the Transmission Oil pump and the pressure control solenoid.

Hope this helps! I hate seeing lonely post

94 YJ- work in progress

"If it ain't broke...just give it time!"
QBCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
kennadm
2002 WJ 

Thanks for the reply! The level is fine... Guess I've got some work to do...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.