WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust

Anyone have any experience with these? was looking to get this combo:

AFE intake
AFE Power 54-10162 - aFe Stage 2 CX Classic Progressive Air Intake Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Gibson Exhaust
Dynomax Performance 17308 - Dynomax Ultra Flo SS Exhaust Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

That Dynomax catback is 2.5" diameter. You want a 3" system for best power. PM me your email address and I'll send you information about my Kolak Exhaust upgrades for your WJ V8.

I usually recommend the K&N air intake system because it's got a plastic air tube and that keeps the incoming airstream far cooler than a metal air tube. Hard to tell from that photo if the AFE is plastic. Looks about identical to the K&N other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
That Dynomax catback is 2.5" diameter. You want a 3" system for best power. PM me your email address and I'll send you information about my Kolak Exhaust upgrades for your WJ V8.

I usually recommend the K&N air intake system because it's got a plastic air tube and that keeps the incoming airstream far cooler than a metal air tube. Hard to tell from that photo if the AFE is plastic. Looks about identical to the K&N other than that.
yea ive looked at the Kolak's and they look like a nice product, plus everybody raves about them. They are just not in my price range unfortunately I'll PM you my email anyway just to get a little more info to maybe persuade me to make a purchase.

As for the AFE i like it because as you said it looks just like a K&N and probably works the same, just 50 bucks cheaper so why not.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

I"m guessing steel. From the website:

aFe uses 16-gauge welded and powdercoated steel for long-lasting durability.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
straty1987

the k&N 57-1513-1 is a better system for you and can get it cheaper. at make it will give you 13.10 HP @ 4765 RPM
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
ronsaun
2003 WJ 

you can get an american products company(google it) multi fit kit for $55 then throw away thier included filter and buy a kn 4" conical filter $45. install is 1 hour total investment of about $110 including shipping. for me i needed to save the $100 - $250 to do the same job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ronsaun; 09-25-2009 at 09:16 PM..
ronsaun is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads
  • Intakes - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (11 replies)
  • Intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (16 replies)
  • Air Intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (31 replies)
  • WK Intakes - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (8 replies)
  • K&n intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (2 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.