WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

WJ 4.7 Intakes and exhaust

Anyone have any experience with these? was looking to get this combo:

AFE intake
AFE Power 54-10162 - aFe Stage 2 CX Classic Progressive Air Intake Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Gibson Exhaust
Dynomax Performance 17308 - Dynomax Ultra Flo SS Exhaust Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
Kolak
Vendor

That Dynomax catback is 2.5" diameter. You want a 3" system for best power. PM me your email address and I'll send you information about my Kolak Exhaust upgrades for your WJ V8.

I usually recommend the K&N air intake system because it's got a plastic air tube and that keeps the incoming airstream far cooler than a metal air tube. Hard to tell from that photo if the AFE is plastic. Looks about identical to the K&N other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak View Post
That Dynomax catback is 2.5" diameter. You want a 3" system for best power. PM me your email address and I'll send you information about my Kolak Exhaust upgrades for your WJ V8.

I usually recommend the K&N air intake system because it's got a plastic air tube and that keeps the incoming airstream far cooler than a metal air tube. Hard to tell from that photo if the AFE is plastic. Looks about identical to the K&N other than that.
yea ive looked at the Kolak's and they look like a nice product, plus everybody raves about them. They are just not in my price range unfortunately I'll PM you my email anyway just to get a little more info to maybe persuade me to make a purchase.

As for the AFE i like it because as you said it looks just like a K&N and probably works the same, just 50 bucks cheaper so why not.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

I"m guessing steel. From the website:

aFe uses 16-gauge welded and powdercoated steel for long-lasting durability.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
straty1987

the k&N 57-1513-1 is a better system for you and can get it cheaper. at make it will give you 13.10 HP @ 4765 RPM
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
ronsaun
2003 WJ 

you can get an american products company(google it) multi fit kit for $55 then throw away thier included filter and buy a kn 4" conical filter $45. install is 1 hour total investment of about $110 including shipping. for me i needed to save the $100 - $250 to do the same job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ronsaun; 09-25-2009 at 10:16 PM..
ronsaun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads
  • Intakes - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (11 replies)
  • Intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (16 replies)
  • Air Intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (31 replies)
  • WK Intakes - WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum (8 replies)
  • K&n intakes - ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (2 replies)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.