Wish me luck! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wish me luck!

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-18-2003, 05:00 PM   #1
ILoveto4x4inNC

Wish me luck!

I finally have all the parts to hopefully fix the current round of issues on my ZJ. The Nuetral Safety Switch and Fuel Level Sending Unit both came in at the dealer today, and I picked up new pads and rotors from the local parts store. Just waiting for some good weather and a good weekend to go to father-in-law's(he has better tools and a good driveway) to do it. Will probably be going down in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully this will fix the problems with the gas gauge, reverse lights, and of course the typical brake probs. I'll let everybody know how it urns out.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Stock except for Optima red top
bigger tires(30x9.50 15 BFG MTs)
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

White Jeep Club member #14
ILoveto4x4inNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2003, 02:46 AM   #2
ChrisinVA

Did you know the NSS can be cleaned?
ChrisinVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2003, 06:55 AM   #3
ILoveto4x4inNC

I know the NSS can be cleaned but it was only $19 and this way I have a spare.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

Unread 02-22-2003, 11:41 PM   #4
Slightly_Off

heh still waiting for good weather to clean mine, Every time its been dry out i have been working, and all my days off when i could do it have been a down pour....I Hate the rain in seattle.

1993 ZJ 4.0L
Slightly_Off is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2003, 07:36 AM   #5
ILoveto4x4inNC

It's been almost a month now since I did all the work. So far everything is working the way it should. The only pulsating I get in the brakes now is from the ABS when I have to do a hard stop(you like when the idiots pull out in front of you). The reverse lights work without fail. The gas guage has yet to go wacko on me. I have noticed that with the new sending unit, when the guage shows 1/4 I better start looking for a gas station as I only have about 20-30 miles left. I may have to call the dealer and make sure they sent me the right part or if there's something else acting up. It used to go closer to 70 miles from 1/4 to E. Now that I've gotten the worst of the glitches taken care of I caught the mod bug! I'm looking at lift kits, bigger tires, transfer case swaps, axle swaps, lockers...My wife put her foot down and said "HELL NO!" the boss just shook his head and said I must be crazy. I guess most Jeep owners must be craxy then. I just wanted to post and give an update about the repairs. All total it took us the better part of a day to do all of it, but part of that time was spent trying to figure out how to get the NSS out. After several calls around we ended up cutting a open end wrench down short enough to get up in there. If anybody has any questions about how to do any of this PM me and I'll be happy to give all the details.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

Unread 04-04-2003, 09:29 AM   #6
automan25

I hear you Slightly_Off. Seattle weather is terrible for working on cars (I live down the street in Kenmore)...it's even worse when you live in an apartment complex where they frown on residents doing car maintainence on the grounds.
Unread 05-01-2003, 09:23 AM   #7
ILoveto4x4inNC

It seems that the sending unit the dealer sold me was bad out of the box. I started paying closer attention when fueling up, and noticed that even though the gauge showed empty, I needed 16G to fill up. Just got off the phone with the parts and service dept. and they agree that it has a problem. Looks like I get to spend the weekend dropping the tank again. Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this for a while.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

Unread 05-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #8
ILoveto4x4inNC

I decided to just spend the money and let the dealer take care of the problem. I picked it back up last night, the guage is now working right. When it showed empty, I was really empty. Took 21.5 gal. to fill up. Now I'm happy again.

'98 ZJ with 5.2L
Rancho RS5000 shocks
swapped in NV231
and Pioneer CD deck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.