wiring problem please help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wiring problem please help

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
ncjeepboy
1994 ZJ 

wiring problem please help

i was taking out my headliner the other day and while doing so i had to take out the center information panel with the interior lights on it and it bumped my windshield when it happened my interior lights on the panel only went out and i just figured the cluster plug came loose but after puting it back in i realized my radio wouldnt work when the door was open or if the one of the lights on the panel were on and my door locks wont work when the doors are open but when there closed everything thing works someone please help me
i have checked my fuses tried rewiring a couple bad spots tried resetting by unpluging battery for 30 mins nothing has worked so far any ideas

ncjeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

There is a controller module inside the console. Hard to believe just bumping it on the windshield could cause a problem. Look it over again thoroughly for any signs of electrical carnage, broken wires and bad solder joints. Maybe the CCD bus took a hit. Best to disconnect the battery first when messing with that console.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
ncjeepboy
1994 ZJ 

Is it possible to jump the wires out and make it where I don't even need that center head panel?
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
ncjeepboy
1994 ZJ 

Also if I turn my radio up passed 32 it cuts off its like I'm loosing power somewhere I I don't understand it and when I open the door it kills all power to the radio beause it resets everytime lol I'm really starting regret taking my headliner out
Unread 04-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
Para32

I've heard so many electrical horror stories. I'm afraid to touch anything electrical on one of these now.
This is where the old XJ in its simplicity is so much better

If I could find a low miles, rot free XJ with ABS and SelecTrac I's ditch my ZJ in a minute
Para32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
ncjeepboy
1994 ZJ 

I feel the same way but I love the look of the zj lifted it sits it apart but I'm planing on lifting mine withing the next month but scared because of this wiring crap because I gotta have a radio if im gona be trailing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.