wiring my lights need help! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wiring my lights need help!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

just figured it out wow im an idiot, the screws I mounted the lights with in the back were pushing on the power wire for the lights so it would cause a short and cause the fuse to blow each time. fixed it by putting some electrical tape over the screws, works fine now. Now I feel like an expert at wiring these since i have spent so much time looking into and wiring these things. glad they work now

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Mudzilla6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #32
crenshinivon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You should probably replace that section of wire as well. That could be a short waiting to happen. Shorts are never good. It is a possibility that next time it won't blow the fuse, instead it just might drain your battery.
crenshinivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #33
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

I did change the section of wire with the fuse in it, put a new inline fuse in there. works awesome

2010 jk islander aka Mudzilla 2.5 AEV lift 35" kevlars, PSC front and rear bumpers Q10000 winch. More to come!
Unread 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #34
FDWJ
2004 WJ 

glad to hear you got that a squared away, its really important to make sure your wires are good and run correctly. i nearly burnt down my CJ cuz i half-***ed the wiring in it. I learned my lesson and pay close attention to wiring things in my WJ now.
Firefighter Jeep Club member #99
FDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #35
Mudzilla6661
Web Wheeler

2010 JK Wrangler 

yeah, my old jetta the whole dash caught on fire because all of the wiring in it was screwed up so bad, not from me it was just old and there were shorts everywhere in it. I wanted to be sure these lights were hooked up well, because i dont want m jeep to catch on fire

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.