Wipped out front right axle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wipped out front right axle

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 05-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #1
b_critical

Wipped out front right axle

I just purchased this 96 JGC 4X4. The front right axle is totaly wipped out I have removed the shaft now I need to fix it. What recommedation do the guru's on this page request. I also noticed that CV boot on left side is twisted.

Should I replace both CV Half shaft and inner seals and fluid?

Of maybe switch to Ujoint style?

I am not completly understanding how the unit goes together because Is all wipped out it looks like the outer bearing is gone.

Does anyone have a good diagram or maybe pics of how this setup is supposed to look so I know what I need.

I could get whole axle and hub assebly at junk yard and replace also or should I diffently by new?

Thanks in advance
Bill

b_critical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
blkfreedom03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If the boot is torn and its clicking im pretty sure its time for it to be replaced altogether.

Word of advice, pay the extra money for the good one. I was cheap in buying one for my driver's side a year ago and last night the joint literally blew apart because of the 249 t-case binding up in a parking lot. The boot on the broken joint was all mangled and twisted, very unlike the other side where the boot was nice and even.

U-joint conversion and 242 case coming soon

Good luck with your new purchase BTW, you will love it.

Black Jeep Society
blkfreedom03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #3
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

is this what you need?
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
b_critical

perfect thanks might you have one for the rear bumper cover bumper and braces.

I can't figure out how you remove the braces from Jeep I want to get a good set at junk yard but I got tofigure out how to get them off.

Bill
b_critical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.