Windshield Wiper Speed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Windshield Wiper Speed

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Windshield Wiper Speed

I was driving in the rain today and of course was turning on the windsheild wiper. So, now to my question: After the delay settings, there is low and high. When I turn the stalk to low, the wipers turn off. Is this normal or is it broken. Is there a circuit I can replace or is it something else. Also, what size wiper is the back, I have never replaced one of those so I have no idea. Thanks in advanced.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Anybody? At least let me know if you have a low speed on y'alls ZJ. That would help some.

GA Trail Riders
Unread 10-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
lumas976

My zj's intermittens went out 2 years ago...i just ended up driving without em. Low and high was all i need. It is something you can fix but isnt low high intermittent almost the exact same? hehe....i was always a fan of..screw it..its dying anyway.

As far as thje rear wiper....just pull it and bring it to the parts place of your choice..they'll know right away what size.
lumas976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

check out this thread I wrote
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/ignition-pulse-wiper-module-repair-project-279739/

Maybe someday it will become a FAQ

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #5
adgjqetuo
2004 WJ 

I'm not sure if the 93-95s are similar to the 96-98's, but mine is a 12" blade... I also have the removeable back window... I think the size is different if you don't have that either..

Any autopart store should have a book with the sizes listed for your Jeep

13 Subaru Outback Limited - Current
04 Jeep grand Cherokee Overland - 23k ~ 71k - Sold
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE - 73k ~ 150k - Sold
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micifus
check out this thread I wrote
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279739

Maybe someday it will become a FAQ
I thought that was it, but it wasn't. All the circuits look good. I look for that body control thing or else I might have to buy the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgjqetuo
I'm not sure if the 93-95s are similar to the 96-98's, but mine is a 12" blade... I also have the removeable back window... I think the size is different if you don't have that either..

Any autopart store should have a book with the sizes listed for your Jeep.
I've only been to Wal-Mart and they didn't have it listed so I'll try somewhere else, but thanks anyway.

GA Trail Riders

Last edited by Sporer65; 10-18-2006 at 05:10 PM..
Unread 10-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Older ZJ's are supposed to have a 12" blade, although I fit a 13" on mine.
Unread 10-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #8
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporer65
I thought that was it, but it wasn't. All the circuits look good. I look for that body control thing or else I might have to buy the part.

I dont believe yours will have the BCM, and if it does it will not control your wipers. The detents on the wiper switch itself maybe bad. The whole wiper/blinker comes out as a module and I think runs around 90 bucks on rockauto. It may not be a trace in the int wiper control module but one of the components, you can try replacing the whole module it will run you 30 bucks.

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Well just updating this thread. I ordered a new module from Amazon (of all places!) for around $34. Installed it and everything works now. Took five minutes. So if 93-95 ZJs whose wipers are not working and they tried to repair themselves like what micifus showed and it is still not working, try this.

GA Trail Riders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.