windshield wiper issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > windshield wiper issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-21-2002, 11:30 AM   #1
Grand96

windshield wiper issue

The intermitant wiper selection stopped working on my GC. The fast and faster mode still works though. The water sprayers works and the turn signal works. Has anyone had this problem where only the intermitant wiper selection won't work? If so, What might be failing (the wiper swirch on the steering wheel or is it the wiper motor?)??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Unread 09-21-2002, 04:37 PM   #2
crazymike

My 93 does the same thing. Im almost positive its a weak conection. But to fix it you need a torxe wrench. (not torque) I will check mine out this week and let you know. My jeep seems to be notorious for bad conections. I always get a rear lamp failure error when pulling a trailer (fried circuit board). And the LCD on my stock stereo works on and off. (good excuse for why Im always late :P )

If you find a different solution, please post
crazymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2002, 01:25 PM   #3
wadger

its probably the intermitent wiper module gone bad. I think it costs around $25-30 from a dealer. Its located on the drivers side kickpanel by the brake pedal. Just take off the small panel (only 2 screws) and you'll see a black box (about 2"x2") and it says wiper module or something like that. Its velcroed to the jeep. take it off and make sure you have good connections and that the contacts are clean before you run out and purchase a new one.
wadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.