Window tracks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Window tracks

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #1
jbsj33p
1993 ZJ 

Window tracks

Theres a bag of shame in my passenger window tonight because my window fell down in the door. The felt guide part on the tracks has come off and been mangled by the window so nothing is holding the window in place. My question is how in the world do I go about replacing those and getting my window back in the tracks. And where do I find replacements, I have only been able to find the arm and motor assembly.

Unread 09-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

The glass run channel weatherstrip is the part that the glass slides through to keep it straight. You can grab it near the top and simply pull it out. You can probably find a decent replacement at the jy. It goes back in just by pushing the bottom into the door and pressing the top up into its groove.

Your glass is a different story. It has probably come loose from the regulator(arm and motor assembly). The arms on the regulator use plastic rollers that eventually dry up and crack into pieces. There are threads on this forum about how to replace the rollers. I recommend NOT using an aftermarket regulator because they simply don't feel as strong and will bend. You will have to pull the door panel to see what is going on for sure.
Kingr98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.