window seals - how to? (tried search) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > window seals - how to? (tried search)

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
takedown
1988 YJ Wrangler 

window seals - how to? (tried search)

Hey guys

tried searching for topics on this but couldn't find anything specific about fixing/removing

so the window seals on all my doors seem to have a metal strip running inside of them that i imagine is used to hold them in place, well that metal is rusted to hell and i've been looking for how to's to fix the issue? i just need to know how to get the seals on and off

any help would be much appreciated

takedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Are you talking about the window channels in the doors that thw glass slide up and down in? If so they are just clipped in.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
takedown
1988 YJ Wrangler 

its the bottom seal on the door and yes i believe it is what the glass slides thru, if they are just clipped in they should be easy enough to remove yes?
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Oh, are you talking about the trim piece at the top of the door panel? The part with the blue arrows going to it that is black in the picture below? If so, it pries off. It's a *****, but it comes off. It's held on by some pretty stout fish hook like clips. But if you can get something to protect the interior panel (piece of plywood) and get a stout screwdriver down inside where the window goes, you should be able to pry it straight up. Try it from several points a little at a time and it'll come off. Grab a replacement from the junkyard in the same fashion. Putting it back on requires a couple good thumps with the meaty part of your hand where your thumb connects to your palm.

[_][][][][][][][][_]

Unread 04-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
takedown
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ya thats exactly what im talking about and it makes me facepalm after reading your description lol

gonna have to see what i can do i guess cuz those things are almost done the rust is so bad
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Just make sure to use something to protect the inside version of it from whatever you use as a prybar.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.