Window regulator motor.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Window regulator motor..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Window regulator motor..

How hard is it to get to the motor for the power windows? No I have not even removed the trim yet but just wondering if I want to try to tackle it tonight or wait.

Hopefully I wont need to remove the glass and regulator just to get to the motor.

Passenger side front, just replacing the motor.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
JoshuaDHarp
1997 ZJ 

I had to replace teh whole assembly. I don't know if you can just replace the motor easily or not.
JoshuaDHarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

It can be done with the regulator still installed.

Be warned its spring loaded, once you remove the motor the regulator springs open. Glad I didnt loose a finger.

Motor is good but still have a slow window.. Guess Ill live with it, greased everything up and its a tad smoother but still the last to go down and last to go up..

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.