Apologies for the long post in advance! I've got a '93 5.2 with 144,xxx on the clock. I'm going to be taking my Jeep out of service for some repairs in about a month or so and need some advice.
1. on very cold days my driver window will only roll down about half way. (if I give it some pressure I can get it all the way down if I wanted). I've searched the forum and narrowed it down to either the regulator or motor. Is there any way to determine which it might be and if so, fix it? If not I've thought about just replacing both but I don't want to spend money needlessly.
2. I am planning to buy a header panel from RockAuto, I've read mixed reviews on the forum regarding these, any further insight in terms of your experience with these would be awesome. I'm planning on porting my leveling hardware over if it's not damaged. (whoever had this Jeep before me hit something with it and smashed stuff up good.)
3. I know that Jeeps don't get great gas mileage, but I can't seem to figure mine out. My 4.0 would get 16mpg regularly and my 5.2 did as well and then it just dropped off. I'm pushing 12mpg right now roughly.
So far I've replaced:
Fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, wires, distributor. Transmission and transfer case were recently overhauled (I know without a doubt the VC is bad, haven't had money to replace it yet).
4. Eventually I'd like to wire up some off road lights to the factory switch. (I found the wire-harness to the factory fogs (which I've never had) just sitting in the engine compartment with the mounts bent perpendicular to the bumper). How difficult would this be? I've found info on adding factory fogs to a previously unequipped Jeep and this http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/a...-93-zj-950917/
. The only electrical work I've done is repairs to my door wire-harnesses so any input here would also be very helpful!
5. On a less important cosmetic note, there is a boatload of dust behind the plastic on my instrument cluster, does anyone have a method in terms of removing the front plastic from the cluster so I can get all the dust out? (I know I'll likely have to pull it from the dash.)
Thanks for your time and input!