Window goes down crooked at half way point? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Window goes down crooked at half way point?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 11-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
dmxsoulja3
1998 ZJ 

Window goes down crooked at half way point?

Hello,

New to the forum, and new ZJ owner that has been trolling the forum for weeks and have a question of my own that I'm hoping someone can help me with. Just got my ZJ and the driver side window has some issues, power window, as it rolls down about the half way point the front takes a nose dive and goes down crooked. I can hold the back and it will go down and come back up as long as I hold the back. I haven't taken the door apart because I was hoping to order whatever might be wrong to fix it before I tore it apart twice. I'm assuming there is a clip broke on the track and most often you can't get the clips and I will need a new regulator Im guessing?

Thanks guys, appreciate any help.

dmxsoulja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
canadiandiesel
1994 ZJ 

Front track is broken, disassemble the door and replace 2 hours to do

Sent from my iPhone using technology
canadiandiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
dmxsoulja3
1998 ZJ 

from reading, I was thinking either the wheels are broken, or possibly after reading a couple threads that perhaps I need to glue the window to the track? Anyone tell me more about that?

Thanks
Unread 11-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #4
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

My passenger side did that, the piece that goes on the window might be loose. Make sure the strips are correctly on the window and tight... start there
(o) )-o---) ) (o) )-o---) )______
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
dmxsoulja3
1998 ZJ 

Appreciate the help guys, going to go ahead and open it up and have a look, figured I can just leave the panel off if I need to order any replacement parts as I dont think I will be driving it for a few days due to the AC evap drain, can you even call it a drain if it goes straight out? is leaking back into the cab. I see where the previous owner did the drill a hole trick, but after opening it up and reaming it out it doesn't look like its clogged, looks like i'm plagued with the foam gasket going to shiz and although he used a bunch of sealant around it, it slowly drips and drips. 2" hole saw into the fender well and extension on to the tube is in order. Nothing like drilling a hole in the body of your 1 week old truck, but to me it isn't a jeep without some problems, or some battle wounds, to garage queens!
Unread 11-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
Shadowless127
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandiesel View Post
Front track is broken, disassemble the door and replace 2 hours to do

Sent from my iPhone using technology
Me and a buddy replaced the regulator in my front pass window in under an hour...
Unread 11-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
zj93owner
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have a 93 ZJ and just had that problem with the driver side front window. It turned out that the window was loose in the track and just needed some glue. I used gorilla glue and it has worked fine since. I also took the time to use white lithium grease to lube the track in the regulator, and sprayed silicon lube in the window seals.
zj93owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Bigdjs123
1996 ZJ 

My front oassenger window will go down about 1/4 of thecway and then makes a loud crack and comes out of the back clip on the arm. Do I need to replace the whole thing or gorrila glue the glass in the clip? Because even if I push the back of the windown down as I roll it down it will still come out of the clip
Bigdjs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
papitt
1995 ZJ 

..My pass side goes down really slow in the middle of the stroke .. I was figuring it just needs a good lubing . Any one want to tell how to get the door panel apart and what to look for.
papitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #10
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by papitt View Post
Any one want to tell how to get the door panel apart and what to look for.
Get yourself a Haynes or FSM. All the answers are there.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.