Window cable slipped off track 2000 Grand Cherokee Larado - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Window cable slipped off track 2000 Grand Cherokee Larado

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 09-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #1
shula
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Window cable slipped off track 2000 Grand Cherokee Larado

My front driver side was hit by another car and damaged my front driver side fender. My auto window does not go up or down but the motor still works. I removed the regulator and saw that one end of the cable had been dislodged form the plastic piece. I got the two cable ends back into the correct slots, but when I try to run the cable over the end plastic track, the cable is about 1/2" to short? I tried hooking the window motor back up and rolling all the way up and then all the way down, but could get not more cable out of it. Can anyone tell me the trick to get more cable out of it so I can wrap it round the end plastic track piece? Thanks

shula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
vlackattack
1997 ZJ 

This forum's for 93-98 Grand Cherokees. This forum would probably be more helpful: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/
vlackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
KJK
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shula View Post
I got the two cable ends back into the correct slots, but when I try to run the cable over the end plastic track, the cable is about 1/2" to short?
I believe you need to compress the springs on the cable housing to get enough slack to pull the cable over the end. Probably need 4 hands to do this so find a good helper.
Unread 09-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #4
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

There is a video on you tube from start to finish.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.