Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

winch mount for WJ

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Freestyle713 
#1 ·
Okay so i will be getting a winch soon for my WJ and have a few different options of how i can mount it and where. tell me which one you guys like better.

1- get a warn front receiver and have the winch removable so i can use it in the front or the rear.

pros- dont have to have it on all the time. can move it to the back when needed.

cons- might be hard to put on in some stuck situations and severely decreases the approach or departure angle.

2- get a brush guard and beef it up A LOT by adding brackets that tie into the bumper too and add a winch plate. i saw it on a dodge ram the other day at the dealership. it had beefed up brackets on the bottom and then added support brackets at the top so it was essentially like a tube bumper.

3- fabricate something like this up:

i am starting to like this one the best because it keeps the approach angle good and it will be the cheapest to do. and it will also give me front recovery points which i still dont have yet. it looks like they just tied it into the frame rails. looks pretty solid to me.

See less See more
#3 ·
well, this is the zj section. i havent seen a winch plate on a wj, i know rough country has one for the zj. idk if you can use it on a wj, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.