A winch mount, ONLY for a winch..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A winch mount, ONLY for a winch.....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #31
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepbrunette View Post
I know that the factory bumper is weak, and once you have that winch pull your truck that bumper is going to be pulled out, it needs to be attached to the main body structure, the frame. Also reinforce the Bumper with Stronger metal, thinker plates then the design on the front you can goof around. Thats why they make bumpers. Much more than just a mount, I am the same college student ;] so I been there. Wsnt to tell you before you pay for a fix on a ripped out bumper!
Well I have had this for a while now and no problems at all. I built it to bolt into the frame, not bumper. Why pay $500 for something that I did for $150. Plus they told me if it breaks they will take care of it. Hasnt happened yet

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brackets , bumper , jeep zj , mount , winch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.