Will these tires fit? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Will these tires fit?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
taz95zj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey
I ran 245/75/16 mtrs for a bit while stock. Fit is the furthest thing from my mind when describing them.

Most people have a very liberal view of fitment and will accept rubbing on the control arms, sway bar, bumper fascia, and fender just because they like the bigger tires.

These guys fitting larger than 30" tires on stock leave the evidence of their proper install all over the outer lugs of their tires
I have been runnin my 31" tires for almost a year now and no more wear on the inner lugs than the outer an I have been almost full flex out in the desert while turning and no rub... however at full lock I would have rubbed. anyway I already told him a BB and the right backspacing and trimming will negate that.

taz95zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #17
1994ZJoffroad
1994 ZJ 

i have 32x11.50 on a 1994 JGC no lift only thing i did was cut about an inch off the front fenders im runninng 1999 ford ranger wheels and they only rub on sway bar at full turn locked
1994ZJoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #18
Buzz98zj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNaked9969

I apologize for that! I didnt notice when i was on my phone. I would not have chimed in at all had that been obvious to me.

BUT. no need to be a little snot about it. and money for what? tires? F IT! give it a shot. whether or not its an open top JEEP or not, JEEPS are FUN! Do what you want, learn from your mistakes! The only way to learn to swim is by jumpin in the water!
Not all of us have the money to learn from our mistakes and our ZJs are DDs.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.