Will probably be joining your ranks with an 02 to 04 Overland soon! Couple questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Will probably be joining your ranks with an 02 to 04 Overland soon! Couple questions

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
nickc50310

Will probably be joining your ranks with an 02 to 04 Overland soon! Couple questions

Hi guys! I am going to be getting an 02 to 04 Overland within the next month or two. I currently have a Cadillac CTS which my GF will be driving from now on.

I decided I want an Overland because of the upgraded suspension and 4.7 HO. It will be used primarily as my winter/snow vehicle and as a bug out vehicle for the apocalypse! I am kidding about that for the most part! It will see very little if any off road use. I plan on getting a BB and roof rack, BFG AT KOs, maybe a brush guard and or hitch rack! Who knows! HAHA!

I had a 97 ZJ with a 4.0 before my CTS and absolutely loved it! It had BFG AT KOs and a BB. That thing was practically unstoppable! I used to off road it quite a bit.

I am leery of the quadratrac instead of the selectrac but itís a sacrifice I have decided to make to have the bigger engine.

I am aware of the blower door issue. Anything else I should look for? Any certain features I should look for or avoid?

I found a 2002 Overland with 75k miles for 10750 in my area, which seems pretty reasonable. I would offer 9750. Thoughts?

Thanks guys!

PS- I am pretty active on forums. Have been a pretty well known member of Cadillac forums since 04 or 05.

nickc50310 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
malibubts
2002 WJ 

If it's and '02 check out the calipers. Here's some reading.
http://wjjeeps.com/brakes.htm
Unread 08-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
01Limited45324
2001 WJ 

Why all the upgrades if it isn't going to ever be off-road? Quadra-Trac is fine, especially since you won't be doing anything special (i.e. rock crawling) with it.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited
2002 BMW 530i
01Limited45324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
nickc50310

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibubts View Post
If it's and '02 check out the calipers. Here's some reading.
http://wjjeeps.com/brakes.htm
SO how do I tell which ones are best?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Limited45324 View Post
Why all the upgrades if it isn't going to ever be off-road? Quadra-Trac is fine, especially since you won't be doing anything special (i.e. rock crawling) with it.

It will probably see some off road SOMETIMES! I mean, who can resist?
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
malibubts
2002 WJ 

Here is a good comparison.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ebono+vs+teves
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
globe871
2004 WJ 

I have an 04 overland, the HO def puts out more power than the standard 4.7
The quadratrac is pretty solid, iv taken it offroad twice and i was keeping up with TJ's that had 8 inch lifts and super swampers.
I might be selling it soon. let me know if your interested.
globe871 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #7
nickc50310

Thanks for the info! I will probably try something a little closer to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.