Will A 6 Cylinder WJ Transfer Case and Rear End Bolt To A ZJ V8? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Will A 6 Cylinder WJ Transfer Case and Rear End Bolt To A ZJ V8?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
ThroatyStang

Will A 6 Cylinder WJ Transfer Case and Rear End Bolt To A ZJ V8?

Both are mine are shot and my friend has a WJ who said I could part it out. Thanks!

ThroatyStang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

The rear end own't fit. WJ's are a different bolt pattern and suspension.
The transfer case may fit, but the speedometer on the ZJ is picked up at the transfer case and the WJ doesn't have that pickup there.

So in short, there are better options
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
ThroatyStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
The rear end own't fit. WJ's are a different bolt pattern and suspension.
The transfer case may fit, but the speedometer on the ZJ is picked up at the transfer case and the WJ doesn't have that pickup there.

So in short, there are better options
Well ****... Thanks though!
ThroatyStang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

I am also thinking wj use some sort of cable transfer case shift while ZJ's use a linkage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.