Why would I want the 9'er? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Why would I want the 9'er?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #106
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGotAJeep View Post
Wow you're a joke. 300hp? With what a "perf pcm", headers, and msd ignition. Yup you're living in the 90s. You said it will do 150+ mph. Please get me a video with GPS not an inacurate pos stock speedo. No need to put both of our lives in danger. Go ahead send me a video and i will gladly eat my words. I'll even pay for that tank of gas. Please just stop. I didn't even talk mods, stock they aren't doing anywhere close to 150 and i'd wager it's not doing 150 even with your "mods".

I'm not doubting 125 mph....even 130. What i am doubting is 150, i don't think some of you realize how much harder it is for just that extra few mph when you get to those speeds. Maybe doubting just 1 person here..
Your an idiot , I'm done with you . Go **** yourself *******

newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #107
SteveGotAJeep
1995 ZJ 

I love you too buddy!
SteveGotAJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #108
dean477
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN59ZJ View Post
Independent suspension+ 5 door hatchback = station wagon not SUV (certainly not Jeep)
My last parking ticket said Station Wagon under vehicle type. I think the meter maid was trying to add insult to injury with that one..
dean477 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #109
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
I love you too buddy!
You are a huge homo.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #110
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You are a huge homo.
^This
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #111
LunaMoona
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
The 1985 BMW M5 will do 153mph with a 3.5L engine and only weighs 500lbs less than the ZJ.

Are you seriously telling me that the a 5.9L 1998 vehicle won't even come close?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
I don't bull **** . Nor am I living in the nineties thank you very much , theres a 2011 in my driveway also . I dont give a **** what year it is , I don't think its that fast I KNOW IT !!

I was willing to make a wager but your not , not much I can do now is there . Pointless to argue if you won't let me make you eat your words You had your chance .

My jeep has more than 245hp . Closer to 300 . Did you read the thread at all since your first comment ? Jen even said she took hers to 130 and was still climbing but backed off .

Man , some people are so stubborn . Lol
Both of you obviously don't understand the laws of physics, and how aerodynamics work. An M5 is a purpose built car that was meant to travel at high speeds. A ZJ is not.

I highly doubt your ZJ has 300 horepower, and even if it does, I can gurantee you that's far from enough energy to push that two ton brick to 150 mph.

This is a really idiotic discussion.
LunaMoona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #112
LunaMoona
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
Your an idiot , I'm done with you . Go **** yourself *******
You know you're wrong and you've lost an argument when you have to resort to personal insults.
LunaMoona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #113
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMoona View Post
You know you're wrong and you've lost an argument when you have to resort to personal insults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
You are a huge homo.
^This, again. Neither of you retards have a 5.9, nor do you know what kind of mods newfie's 5.9 has, so why the **** does your opinion even matter? (not talking about you polka lol)
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #114
MN59ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMoona
I highly doubt your ZJ has 300 horepower, and even if it does, I can gurantee you that's far from enough energy to push that two ton brick to 150 mph.

This is a really idiotic discussion.
My 740 is also a 2 ton brick with almost 300hp. It's electronically limited to 155, which it can do easy. I've read that without the limiter, it can hit 165-ish. So, I'm not too quick to state that 150 in the 5.9 is impossible... incredibly crazy to try, but i don't know that it's impossible. Idiotic discussion? Yeah, probably.
MN59ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #115
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Sorry, but a ZJ just won't do that unless it's purpose built for drag racing, blown, completely stripped, etc.
Quote:
Both of you obviously don't understand the laws of physics, and how aerodynamics work. An M5 is a purpose built car that was meant to travel at high speeds. A ZJ is not.

For a guy that bangs on about "physics", you sure do seem to think that vehicle weight has some effect on top speed and that "stripping" things will significantly help somehow.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #116
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean477 View Post
****, my 4.slow does 100 with some engine left, not much but some....i dont see why its so hard to believe the 5.9 can hit 125-150 considering it has nearly a 50% increase in displacement than my oh so slow 4.0
This. Naysayers are ignorant trolls.
Unread 03-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #117
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ive done 115 in my 5.2... pretty easy at that, i can believe a 5.9 with some mods could do 150
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:49 PM   #118
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Lets not get carried away...It's not doing anywhere close to 150.
Hehehehahahahawhawhawhaw!! I have a video of my speedo maxed out and my GPS saying 150+ somewhere around here. When I find it I will post it. If you could read the speedo and GPS, though, that would be more helpful. Whole vehicle was shaking like crazy! I need to dig that up
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #119
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Then again... I was going downhill on the interstate. Same place I went 55 on my 50lb mountain bike which ALSO shook like crazy near the end! My buddy said I was white as a sheet when I got to the bottom, and I am extremely inclined to believe him

Anyway, anyone notice that the OP totally backed out of the escalating conversation/argument around page 4? Haha smart dude!
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #120
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

I think I feel a locked thread coming on...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.