Why would all these codes throw at same time? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Why would all these codes throw at same time?

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
IBIUIRIKIE
1993 ZJ 

Why would all these codes throw at same time?

Alright I have a 93 jeep grand cherokee with the 4.0L. Recently i have had troubles with the jeep starting after sitting for a long period of time. I will have to let it run to operating temp till i can drive away, but once warmed up she drives great. i was never getting any check engine light either, no codes thrown

I have changed every sensor and gasket you could think of, i have NOT changed the PCM. Though it has been changed before.

But just the other day the check engine light came on and i got the codes 14, 13, 24, 22. Wich al thes codes have to do with either the MAP sensor, the Coolant temp sensor, and TPS sensor.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause all them the set codes at the same time? Maybe a PCM goin out? all these sensor are brand new and i'm not sure if a PCM could just be getting bad, since it runs like crap till it gets to operating temp.

IBIUIRIKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

Coolant temp sensor is cheap and easy to replace. If it's bad, it tells PCM wrong info about engine temp, so if it's saying "engine is warmed up" them PCM starts listening to all other sensors to adjust fuel trim. But since the engine is NOT warm, those sensors give abnormal readings, causing it to run badly. When engine warms up, since the sensor already is telling PCM it's warm, then it runs normally.

Mind you, this is just an idea, I could be completely off the track here. But since CTS is a few bucks only, I'd give it a try...
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Kho5050

My 97 threw a coolant temp sensor too, changed the sensor on the bottom of the engine block and also did thermostat too just cuz I had a new one sitting around, everything works fine now
Kho5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
IBIUIRIKIE
1993 ZJ 

Thanks guys for the info, but i have changed all of that lol. this jeep seems like it has a mind of its own. But i did change every sensor on this jeep in the las three months. thats why i think my PCM is going bad. Any sensor you can think of i have changed. But then again i have herd that when a PCM goes out, it just goes out. But i'm not too sure.
Unread 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

Did you over-goober the sensor threads so it can't ground correctly?
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
IBIUIRIKIE
1993 ZJ 

I put thread sealant on the coolant temp sensor, and i had the 02 sensor installed by the garage. but it would seem if it was a ground problem it would do it everytime i had to warm up truck. not sure tho. i will have to double check that. thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.