Why doesn't anbody run 10" rims?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Why doesn't anbody run 10" rims??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #31
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

I used to have 10's. now i have 8's, there is no diffrance in preformance imho.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #32
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

jeeps are made to be dirty. haha, that reminds me of a guy i used to work with. he bought a "show" truck early 90s f350 on 38s. this thing was SPOTLESS. the guy signed the title over and he literally drove it over the curb/ditch and in to a field next to the foodlion parking lot and wrapped it up. the seller looked like he was gonna cry. his old truck had never left the pavement
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #33
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

so i understand the weight difference between a 10" steel and a 10" aluminum is great but im still wounder which holds the bead better
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #34
MStaffin
1997 ZJ 

I think steel.
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #35
94jeeprc
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
i looked up the gamblers, definetly aged
im lucky enough to have these beauts ! not sure what they are called
i have them on my jeep and hate them can't wait to change them for something a little better looking .

I thought they was called "honeycomb" aluminum wheel .

that is what i got from the specs on my jeep when i looked it up stock.

i would like these with some nice tires .
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partId=61498#
2 6500 watt amps ,with 2 12v batteries. CAN you say bye bye rear view mirror.
94jeeprc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 06:35 AM   #36
KyBoy1991
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeeprc View Post
i would like these with some nice tires .
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partId=61498#
http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_deta...brand=1&id=111

Buy those, they also come in Black and save you some money over buying from 4wd......just sayin. Go to a BigO or some local place that carries them and you'll save $100 easy over the cost of 4.

As far as someone saying the steel holds the bead better over aluminum....I'm pretty sure it all depends on how the wheel is constructed, how the tires bead is constructed, and how well someone knew what they were doing when mounting them.

I personally think if aluminum was so bad at holding a bead, than the new vehicles wouldn't be allowed to run the alloy/aluminum wheels. You have to take into consideration how few ppl in the world who drive will actually pay attention to their psi in their tires. Many Many times they run them so low without knowing how to put air in them, drive the car like they stole it, and the bead never pops or slips.

Me personally, i've had nothing but aluminum wheels....other than when i had my 78 CJ7 with white wagon wheels....and I've NEVER threw a bead or slipped one. I've been as low as 8psi before as well. I've also never run anything larger than a 33x12.5....so not sure going below 8psi on a tire that small is possible or necessary.
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.