why all these crazy high lifts without covering the basics first? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > why all these crazy high lifts without covering the basics first?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #76
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawjob

Well i guess i ill keep my WJ build to my self. Its going to be lowered with with chrome wheels.
Lol that's cool if that's what your into. Everyone is different. I won't hate you for it...

BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #77
dean477
1998 ZJ 

I think some of you forget what these jeeps look like without a lift or tires...

On a different note, I have a 2wd 4.0 with a lift and 31's. living in Socal, it gets me to big bear, through at most 6" of snowfall(because thats the most we see), it gets me to the mountains to go camping. when i drive up to the kings river up north, it gets me to our groups favorite campsites on some light trails. but none of these reasons are why i spent my money on a modest lift, tires, and decent rims. IT LOOKS GOOD! maybe the culture with cars is different here. I enjoy driving my jeep clean on the inside and out, while still being able to take it to do the things i enjoy.
dean477 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #78
DeafJeep

With 6 " snowfall , that would make sense to have your Jeep ride a little higher. Here in Pennsylvania , the most we get is about 4" unless a blizzard comes through from Lake Erie.

I wonder how the folks in Alaska & Canada are doing with their Jeeps being lifted due to snowfall amounts in the wintertime months.

I am sure they would have the basics of high lifting kits done correctly the first time around especially when it comes to the annual state inspections at the garages throughout Alaska & Canada.
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #79
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawjob View Post

Well i guess i ill keep my WJ build to my self. Its going to be lowered with with chrome wheels.
Out of jeeps the wj and up grands look pretty good lowered! The zjs on the other hand, not so much.

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #80
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Meh, my jeep spent a few winters in the hands of a ski instructor in Tahoe..... the local law never made him put chains on and it was stock with mild snow tires.
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #81
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post
With 6 " snowfall , that would make sense to have your Jeep ride a little higher. Here in Pennsylvania , the most we get is about 4" unless a blizzard comes through from Lake Erie.

I wonder how the folks in Alaska & Canada are doing with their Jeeps being lifted due to snowfall amounts in the wintertime months.

I am sure they would have the basics of high lifting kits done correctly the first time around especially when it comes to the annual state inspections at the garages throughout Alaska & Canada.
I wish we had mandated inspections here, keep all the clapped out crap off the road. My Jeep does pretty well in the snow, can't wait to see how the MTRks work out in the winter on the ice and snow. I'd like to think mine is "done right" haha.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #82
iser
1997 ZJ 

annual inspection? what?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #83
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeep View Post

if the idiots in minivans with bald summer tires would stay off the damn road it would be fine. but they don't. so it sucks.

some of us spend good money on 4x4s, good tires etc and winters are a breeze........... no real need for a lift.......... however it sucks when you come up to the idiot in a bunged up minivan going 20mph on the highway with their hazzards on.........

ugh. so glad its summer and we dont' have to deal with that.
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #84
DeafJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
if the idiots in minivans with bald summer tires would stay off the damn road it would be fine. but they don't. so it sucks.

some of us spend good money on 4x4s, good tires etc and winters are a breeze........... no real need for a lift.......... however it sucks when you come up to the idiot in a bunged up minivan going 20mph on the highway with their hazzards on.........

ugh. so glad its summer and we dont' have to deal with that.
You'd think the soccer moms would check their tires before winter comes as part of their routine winter checklist. Maybe they are too busy with the kids given their busy family life but it is amazing when they slide around some ice as the kids yell at the top of their lungs as their mom holds the steering wheel with her eyes closed hanging on for dear life until the minivan comes to a complete stop and somebody points out the obvious on the minivan has bald tires. The following spring & summer the tires are even more balder. Please replace your tires this autumn for the sake of your kids. Thank God for the winterization checklist.

http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...r-your-car.jsp
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #85
DeafJeep

Save an extra $200-400. Maybe alittle more put away during the year for when the back to school sales are going on in August. That would be a good time to buy 2 or 4 new tires at your local mechanic shop before heading to the mall or thrift stores or pop & mom stores.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #86
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

sigh. see it all the time. maybe i'm getting older, but safety is becoming more important. your tires are all that separate you from teh road. and theres tons of people here who run the cheapest all seasons they can find, and don't know/care how much of a hazard they are to their family and others.

sigh.
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #87
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

quick disconnects a 2 inch bb and 31 all terrains have gotten me pretty far and have surprised a lot of people, i just put a 3 inch suspension on it yesterday, and plan to lock the rear in the future, but i can get almost anywhere my friend who has 35s and a 4 inch lift on his tj can.
ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #88
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayycharlay92 View Post
quick disconnects a 2 inch bb and 31 all terrains have gotten me pretty far and have surprised a lot of people, i just put a 3 inch suspension on it yesterday, and plan to lock the rear in the future, but i can get almost anywhere my friend who has 35s and a 4 inch lift on his tj can.
just like me with my 33s and lockers can get anywhere my buddies with buggies get
Unread 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #89
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
sigh. see it all the time. maybe i'm getting older, but safety is becoming more important. your tires are all that separate you from teh road. and theres tons of people here who run the cheapest all seasons they can find, and don't know/care how much of a hazard they are to their family and others.

sigh.
All I see during teh summer time is bald tires and brakes grinding,but no they don't care about that,there AC is more important then tires and brakes
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #90
DeafJeep

Here is something even a lady who is raising her kids as a single mom can do to check if it is time to put her minivan in the shop. A very simple test ...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=51

Another good visual one ...

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/pennytiretest/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.