why all these crazy high lifts without covering the basics first? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > why all these crazy high lifts without covering the basics first?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #61
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawjob View Post
Im on 37's now on my ZJ with a D30/8.8 4.88 and trutacs. It will never see off road, as thats not what I built it for. Im not a ******* like you said I am using it what it is intended for. Its intended to be a daily driver, I love the look, I love driving it. When its time to go play off road I turn to a real jeep for my off road fun, my YJ.
To each their own. I dont see the point in it personally but again, thats my opinion. My ZJ is just as "real" as your YJ

Build thread^^
riot1987 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #62
shackwrrr

Why are jeepers so caught up on what other jeep owners do to their own vehicles? Ive been around car/truck communities for quite a while and I have never seen more whining than what jeep owners do. It just seems like you guys put up these big high walls and make these big huge lists that you must meet before new guys can get in. What happened to kindly helping novices along and pointing them in the right direction. When someone makes a thread about something that is less than ideal, instead of bashing it or giving a crappy short answer, why not tell them why and the alternatives. There will always be thick skulls that don't listen but don't take it to heart, let them learn on their own. Think back to how you learned, did you automatically go out and spend 5 grand on the suspension and axles or did you start with a budget boost and work your way up(most likely making mistakes on the way).
shackwrrr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #63
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Because everyone has an opinion, and this is a forum. Everyone is gonna have input, positive or negative. Deal with it. Not everyone is gonna give you the positive answer you want. Regardless of if you think its said in a "whining" or, "mean" way, people here generally genuinely try to help others. Buck up champ

Build thread^^
riot1987 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #64
L_Kilkenny
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
Why are jeepers so caught up on what other jeep owners do to their own vehicles? Ive been around car/truck communities for quite a while and I have never seen more whining than what jeep owners do. It just seems like you guys put up these big high walls and make these big huge lists that you must meet before new guys can get in. What happened to kindly helping novices along and pointing them in the right direction. When someone makes a thread about something that is less than ideal, instead of bashing it or giving a crappy short answer, why not tell them why and the alternatives. There will always be thick skulls that don't listen but don't take it to heart, let them learn on their own. Think back to how you learned, did you automatically go out and spend 5 grand on the suspension and axles or did you start with a budget boost and work your way up(most likely making mistakes on the way).
I don't find jeep enthusiast all that much worse than enthusiast for any other hobby and better in some areas. Main area I notice the better side is on the cost aspect. Just try going over to a Ford truck board and ask about budget mods. You'll very well may get shouted down on all sorts of fronts. Very much an attitude that if you don't have the $$ for the best than it ain't worth doing at all. Can be the same with many of the gun and hunting boards I get on. These jeep enthusiasts are definitely more into what works.

All I can speak of is for myself and my experiences. Everything I posted is due to needing something not off some list I read. Sometimes I had it and used it, far to often though I didn't have it and wished I had. I imagine with much of the experience floating around this site that many of the other opinions fall into the same line of things.

But as Riot kinda said, all message boards are opinion based so you have to take the good with the bad.
L_Kilkenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #65
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
Try going over here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php They are much less judgmental and a lot friendlier at times with questions. Much more technical and helpful usually. You get the occasion negative Ned but 95% of the people on this board are positive thinkers that don't waste time with negative responses.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #66
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Try going over here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php They are much less judgmental and a lot friendlier at times with questions. Much more technical and helpful usually. You get the occasion negative Ned but 95% of the people on this board are positive thinkers that don't waste time with negative responses.
That's just mean.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #67
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post

Try going over here. http://www.pirate4x4.com/welcome1.php They are much less judgmental and a lot friendlier at times with questions.

Sent from my couch using JeepForum app

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #68
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

will that pirate4x4 forum be able to fix my deathwobbles?
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #69
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

We call the BGT s around here. The only 2 logical reason for people around here are......
1. Compensating for insecurity
2. Driving on the beach down south, although they are normally pretty obvious because they go as wide a tire as they can get. I used to have some 31x13.50 just for going down there
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #70
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
will that pirate4x4 forum be able to fix my deathwobbles?
Naw man, they'll just tell you add a second steering stabilizer. Or maybe a third if you've already got two.
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #71
Pawjob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
Naw man, they'll just tell you add a second steering stabilizer. Or maybe a third if you've already got two.
LOL...Steering stabilizer will always fix DW...when in dought add another one

1993 Wrangler, Rock Smashing Jeep, and November 2012 YJOTM... [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rockcrawling-yj-build-1428039/"]YJ Build[/URL]
1.5" SOA, Stak 3 speed Tcase, 37" Swamper M16's...ALOTS of extras
Pawjob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #72
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Go ahead join pirate , come back after they show their true colors and your buthurt

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #73
DeafJeep

Does the Jeep Bible explain in depth on high lifts or does it touch very briefly on this topic ?

What books do you recommend ?
DeafJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #74
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

I see more stock rigs muddy than all the lifted newer trucks.
IMO if you have the money you can do whatever you want to your jeep. I would rather see a lifted mall crawler then a slammed jeep on low pros. Just me though....
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #75
Pawjob
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZJ9er View Post
I see more stock rigs muddy than all the lifted newer trucks.
IMO if you have the money you can do whatever you want to your jeep. I would rather see a lifted mall crawler then a slammed jeep on low pros. Just me though....
Well i guess i ill keep my WJ build to my self. Its going to be lowered with with chrome wheels.

1993 Wrangler, Rock Smashing Jeep, and November 2012 YJOTM... [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rockcrawling-yj-build-1428039/"]YJ Build[/URL]
1.5" SOA, Stak 3 speed Tcase, 37" Swamper M16's...ALOTS of extras
Pawjob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.